+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUGEE HEARING 2023 - VIRTUAL

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Use to be the case 5+ yrs ago. The wait times have decreased in general because many were waiting 2+ years for hearings. Given the large volume of asylum claimants in the past year there will likely be increased wait periods to get a hearing. Whether you qualify for a short hearing or not will influence the wait. If regular hearing could be waiting 6 months to 2 years. Dependent on many things plus some luck. There is an attempt to process applications faster especially those who are very likely to be approved. This is a slow process and many get denied and attempt to appeal, the file JR and the attempt an H&C application. There is a lot of incorrect information saying you can be reunited with spouses and dependent children quickly but many are separated for 5+ years.
Thank you for the information.
There was a law issued back on May 26 that allowed PR holders and citizens to apply to be reunited with spouses and children within 30 days and once they are in Canada they can continue their PR application from inside Canada. Is there any possibility that this law can be extended to protected persons who have received a positive NOD?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for the information.
There was a law issued back on May 26 that allowed PR holders and citizens to apply to be reunited with spouses and children within 30 days and once they are in Canada they can continue their PR application from inside Canada. Is there any possibility that this law can be extended to protected persons who have received a positive NOD?
Not possible. This measures applies only to family class and temporary resident only. In my opinion, by doing so, Canada will encourage refugees applications to skyrocket including other trp holder already in Canada to switch to refugee process. Historically, all temporary measures applies to family and economic class..

Reactions: Mancini

Bryanpaz

Star Member
Mar 3, 2023
Hi hope all is well ,
how was your hearing ?
please what was your case cause i applied on feb 9 2023 till now no hearing schedule
Everything went well , member didn’t have enough time to give decision after hearing so he said he was going to send it through mail,
I received positive NOD almost 3 weeks after hearing.

Every case is different sometimes depends on the officer that has the case, some take longer than others in processing everything. My claim took 9 months from start to hearing, but I’ve heard from others that have been waiting for 2 years for a hearing date.

I hope you get yours soon! Best of luck!

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hi. How was your hearing? And how long was it for? What all questions were asked? Please can you reply i have mine in 2 weeks .
Hello, my hearing was good I would say , I didn’t get a decision yet, it will be mailed to me…. It was for 3 hours. It went really well I’m confident that I will get a positive decision. Know you story very well. If you feel nervous ask for a break … if you don’t know something say I don’t know or I don’t remember. Make sure all your dates match your BOC.

Bryanpaz

Star Member
Mar 3, 2023
One more thing will it be posted in your account that a decision was made and what the decision is ? Will the nod also be posted in your account?
it wasn’t posted in my account, the only change I saw in “Referral decision” was that its status changed to “not available”

the NOD was only sent via mail.
If you had a lawyer I think he gets the decision online first.
I didn’t have a lawyer so I had to wait almost 3 weeks to see the decision in my mail.

Reactions: Littlebeee