spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone's good.

I have my hearing scheduled in 7 days through Microsoft Teams. I was initially under the less complex category but then changed to regular hearing.

To those who have already been through their hearings, can you please tell me the basic questions that are asked? Do we have to tell the whole story first or do they ask questions based on BOC? Is having a translator better? Any tips would be appreciated :)

hinhaj

Oct 10, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone's good.

I have my hearing scheduled in 7 days through Microsoft Teams. I was initially under the less complex category but then changed to regular hearing.

To those who have already been through their hearings, can you please tell me the basic questions that are asked? Do we have to tell the whole story first or do they ask questions based on BOC? Is having a translator better? Any tips would be appreciated :)
How much time you wait for hearing after submitting BOC pleaae share your time line

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
I submitted BOC on October 5th 2021. Hearing is October 17th 2023. So after two years wait time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard that they shorten the waitibg time for hearing upto 6 months in 2023 is that true ?
Use to be the case 5+ yrs ago. The wait times have decreased in general because many were waiting 2+ years for hearings. Given the large volume of asylum claimants in the past year there will likely be increased wait periods to get a hearing. Whether you qualify for a short hearing or not will influence the wait. If regular hearing could be waiting 6 months to 2 years. Dependent on many things plus some luck. There is an attempt to process applications faster especially those who are very likely to be approved. This is a slow process and many get denied and attempt to appeal, the file JR and the attempt an H&C application. There is a lot of incorrect information saying you can be reunited with spouses and dependent children quickly but many are separated for 5+ years.

Reactions: Mancini

Soheilnazari

Nov 17, 2021
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone's good.

I did mine on October 5th and i got positive decision on the table.

Basically
1) composure is important. Be calm and don't stress
2) know your story , know your dates . So review your narratives for sure
3) I would suggest download the national package for your country and review it , it helps
4) and lastlty be honest. Honesty goes along away.

Reactions: Mancini

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other

Basically
3) I would suggest download the national package for your country and review it , it helps
Thanks a lot!

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other

Basically
If you dont mind me asking, how long was yours? And how long did you wait for the hearing after submitting BOC?

Soheilnazari

Nov 17, 2021
If you dont mind me asking, how long was yours? And how long did you wait for the hearing after submitting BOC?
Mine lasted 2 hours exactly and my whole procces took exactly 12 months, usually its 2 years wait but for me it was pretty fast luckily.
BOC submitted September 12022
Hearing scheduled October 5th 2023