+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee from outside canada

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
Hello
Me and my wife,we've been living in Turkey for almost 5 years now and about 2 years ago just before Mr.Trump become the Us president we got our confirmations on our refugee status from UNHCR here in Turkey.since then we've been waiting for them to send our applications to a third country for resettlement but as you know there are not much countries available these days so still nothing not even a phone call from the UNHCR on that matter and we're still stock here in Turkey ...
I have to say that these days they send some applications to Canada for resettlement but only if you have family members already living in canada which we don't have ... we do have friends but no family members ...
My question would be if anyone know any kind of program that we can use such as humanitarian and compassionate visa , etc .... to get resettlement in canada ?
- or is there any other way that we can persuade UNHCR to send our applications to canada for resettlement as well ?
Please help us if you have any suggestions .... any kind of tip whold be really helpfull and will be appreciated ... we are really desperate here !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
Me and my wife,we've been living in Turkey for almost 5 years now and about 2 years ago just before Mr.Trump become the Us president we got our confirmations on our refugee status from UNHCR here in Turkey.since then we've been waiting for them to send our applications to a third country for resettlement but as you know there are not much countries available these days so still nothing not even a phone call from the UNHCR on that matter and we're still stock here in Turkey ...
I have to say that these days they send some applications to Canada for resettlement but only if you have family members already living in canada which we don't have ... we do have friends but no family members ...
My question would be if anyone know any kind of program that we can use such as humanitarian and compassionate visa , etc .... to get resettlement in canada ?
- or is there any other way that we can persuade UNHCR to send our applications to canada for resettlement as well ?
Please help us if you have any suggestions .... any kind of tip whold be really helpfull and will be appreciated ... we are really desperate here !
H&C does not apply to your situation. You would need to be physically in Canada to apply for PR through H&C.

There are private sponsorship programs that allow refugees to be resettled in Canada. But you really need to have family who are in Canada or very close friends who are willing to support you and complete your paperwork.

It's really up to UNHCR where you are resettled. They may choose Canada or a different country. You can certainly try contacting them to see if they will select Canada for you.

Sina Ansarifard

Jul 2, 2018
H&C does not apply to your situation. You would need to be physically in Canada to apply for PR through H&C.

There are private sponsorship programs that allow refugees to be resettled in Canada. But you really need to have family who are in Canada or very close friends who are willing to support you and complete your paperwork.

It's really up to UNHCR where you are resettled. They may choose Canada or a different country. You can certainly try contacting them to see if they will select Canada for you.
Thank you for your respond
believe me we tried everything but we couldn't get anywhere .... the UNHCR is not answering to anything .... they don't answer the phone calls nor the emails .... I had to go on a 7 hours trip 5 or 6 times just to go to Ankara and go to the office myself but again nothing ....
in your opinion is there any chance we can get a sponsor in canada online or via Emails .... I tried that too ... I emailed about 100 churches and
Sponsorship Agreement Holders which are listed here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html but I didn't get a single reply !!!
we got married 4 years ago and since then we''ve been waiting to get a chance to build our family you know ? it's kinda getting freaking hard to live like this ...
What are the odds in your opinion that we can find someone or some organization to sponsor us for resettlement ???
I should say that both of us can communicate in English (if that helps anyhow ! ) ... I am a very skilled tailor and my wife is a painter and artist and if we get to canada we can defenetly get on our feet real soon ... is there any chance we can apply as a self sufficient refugee ???

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your respond
believe me we tried everything but we couldn't get anywhere .... the UNHCR is not answering to anything .... they don't answer the phone calls nor the emails .... I had to go on a 7 hours trip 5 or 6 times just to go to Ankara and go to the office myself but again nothing ....
in your opinion is there any chance we can get a sponsor in canada online or via Emails .... I tried that too ... I emailed about 100 churches and
Sponsorship Agreement Holders which are listed here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html but I didn't get a single reply !!!
we got married 4 years ago and since then we''ve been waiting to get a chance to build our family you know ? it's kinda getting freaking hard to live like this ...
What are the odds in your opinion that we can find someone or some organization to sponsor us for resettlement ???
I should say that both of us can communicate in English (if that helps anyhow ! ) ... I am a very skilled tailor and my wife is a painter and artist and if we get to canada we can defenetly get on our feet real soon ... is there any chance we can apply as a self sufficient refugee ???
If you don't have family or close friend who are already in Canada and are willing to privately sponsor you, the chances of finding a sponsor are likely nil. From what I've heard, most sponsorship agreement holders have already reached their quotas for the number of people they are able to sponsor. Those who haven't are being contacted by hundreds of people asking for their support.

There is no self-sufficient refugee class.

If you are self-sufficient and would like to immigrate based on your skills and education, then you would need to apply for PR through one of Canada's economic immigration streams like Express Entry. This is quite an involved process that would require you to qualify based on points (those immigrants with the most points are selected - points are awarded based on level of education achieved, work experience, English language capabilities and other factors). You would need to take English language tests, have your education officially assessed, get experience letters from your past employers and also show that you have enough money in your bank account to be self-sufficient when you first arrive in Canada (I believe this is around $15K for two people). More information in the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html