+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee filing taxes

Dnas17

Apr 19, 2019
does a refugee who got their work permit in sep 2018 (arrived to canada feb 2018) need to file t4s? They only have about 2 months of work so i wouldnt think they owe anything

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
It’s not just about owing anything.

You may be eligible for a refund. You never know.

Answer is definitely yes. File your taxes.

Reactions: Buletruck
S

Singerbwoy

does a refugee who got their work permit in sep 2018 (arrived to canada feb 2018) need to file t4s? They only have about 2 months of work so i wouldnt think they owe anything
Yes even if it is for a day you need to file..

Regards

Dnas17

Apr 19, 2019
Yes even if it is for a day you need to file..

Regards
My girlfriend has not recieved a t4 from her employer, is this going to cause legal troubles in regards to her refugee status? Mostly asking in regard to if she does not file as the deadline is Tuesday and she has recieved nothing (she was unaware of the processs till I explained it to her)

Last edited:
S

Singerbwoy

My girlfriend has not recieved a t4 from her employer, is this going to cause legal troubles in regards to her refugee status? Mostly asking in regard to if she does not file as the deadline is Tuesday and she has recieved nothing (she was unaware of the processs till I explained it to her)
this is a factor that is consider when application for PR has been submitted but it should not be a problem, her employer should have provided her a T4 if not then she need to speak to the accounts department and then go file.

All The Best.