+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee file and Invite on Parent grandparents program

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Asking for a friend, she submitted her mother’s file in 2020 under parent and grandparents program and she got invite to submit complete application today

meanwhile in 2023 they also submitted refugee humanitarian PR application which is still in progress.

can she submit Parents program application now? Is it allowed to have two PR application at the same time?

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Asking for a friend, she submitted her mother’s file in 2020 under parent and grandparents program and she got invite to submit complete application today

meanwhile in 2023 they also submitted refugee humanitarian PR application which is still in progress.

can she submit Parents program application now? Is it allowed to have two PR application at the same time?

thanks
Does she actually have an asylum case? Proof of persecution and the inability to live safely in any location in her home country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes everything is legit
If you withdraw the asylum application she’d be out of status as soon as she withdraws it. On the other hand it is very difficult to get asylum from India partially because you have to show there is no safe area of the country you can move to and that you have attempted to relocate. Easiest option is to leave Canada withdraw asylum application and wait for PGP approval if the child meets the requirements. Protected person status comes with so many consequences so I would not want my application processed although just filing an application can lead to problems traveling to other countries. TRV was likely cancelled due to the asylum claim. I am not a lawyer so you should consult one. Your mother’s desire to travel to India in the future will also play a huge factor in what you should do. Given that the mother could have visited on a supervisa means such a waste of resources for both the taxpayer and the family.