+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant. Waiting Almost 3 Years!!!

Babor

Jan 28, 2015
Hi all, can someone help me? I just want to fine out if there is any way to request for hearing date at the immigration and Refugee Board? Its three years since i applied for asylum at the port of entry, Toronto Airport. since then, no thing.

God help me

Oct 12, 2013
Hi Refugee. Sorry it's so sad. I waited for 2yrs and5 months to get my hearing from Jan2012 till June 2014. After the hearing. It took the judge 6 months...to give me decision..but thank God I got a positive result Dec... pls be calling IRB 3 times every month as I was advised by gogia. U will ge a hearing date...

TKB

Feb 7, 2015
I also filed in October 2012 in Toronto and still waiting. I call the IRB almost every other week and the answer is the same, no hearing date has been set yet. The last call I made the lady told me its normal to go up to 3 yrs without a hearing. So I'm still waiting, I feel your pain!!

Ailier

Feb 4, 2015
Hi, I made refugee claim last year, at that time i had my hearing date, but it was canceled due to security screening, they told me that new hearing will be re-scheduled within 6 month, but its been more than 6 months now, still no hearing that for me. I feel so bad.

God help me

Oct 12, 2013
Hi Refugee. Sorry it's so sad. I waited for 2yrs and5 months to get my hearing from Jan2012 till June 2014. After the hearing. It took the judge 6 months...to give me decision..but thank God I got a positive result Dec... pls be calling IRB 3 times every month as I was advised by gogia. U will ge a hearing date...

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad a to hear that you got your hearing and got approval, trick work for u,
Just an update what I heard from one lawyer Cic is putting on hold new cases for hearing and, trying to clear back log cases hearings, first reason lot of pressure for election this year for Harper Govt.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
Glad a to hear that you got your hearing and got approval, trick work for u,
Just an update what I heard from one lawyer Cic is putting on hold new cases for hearing and, trying to clear back log cases hearings, first reason lot of pressure for election this year for Harper Govt.
Please, stop spreading gossips. All hearing for new cases are held on schedule . No delays nowadays.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
encantado said:
Please, stop spreading gossips. All hearing for new cases are held on schedule . No delays nowadays.
I think u r not reading posts on this forum for people who r waiting for hearing.
Plus I think u have no knowledge of country politics...why Harper conservative Govt is against on immigration matters... They have slow down the whole immigration system... People are suffering a lot, especially refugees. R they not human... Dont u think????

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gogia said:
I think u r not reading posts on this forum for people who r waiting for hearing.
Plus I think u have no knowledge of country politics...why Harper conservative Govt is against on immigration matters... They have slow down the whole immigration system... People are suffering a lot, especially refugees. R they not human... Dont u think????
First of all, you wrote "Cic is putting on hold new cases for hearing" that is not true, cuz almost all cases are heard on time. So, you lied.
Then, u wrote "u r not reading posts on this forum for people who r waiting for hearing" - but all posts on this topic are from people who applied before December 2012. So, u lied again.
And as for your views on conservative party - i don't care about it, cuz you have zero influence on it. You can only discuss it in your kitchen.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Dear Encantado and Gogia;

There is no doubt that CIC delaying PR applicant under Protected Class. Any one can see how the process of Phase I increased from 2 months in Dec. 2013 to 12 months now. It seems that its still increasing there is no breakthrough that will make it up soon. The number of people who received PR recently appeared to be low at least on this forum, which suggest it might be some increasing also in Phase II. Many cases here are waiting more than 12 months for Phase II (see Sofian posts in the name is correct).

Secondly, please we are adult people here. We should not say like those words. You are free to share your opinion and expectation. No one should critic another.
Best hope for all.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salem10 said:
Dear Encantado and Gogia;

There is no doubt that CIC delaying PR applicant under Protected Class. Any one can see how the process of Phase I increased from 2 months in Dec. 2013 to 12 months now. It seems that its still increasing there is no breakthrough that will make it up soon. The number of people who received PR recently appeared to be low at least on this forum, which suggest it might be some increasing also in Phase II. Many cases here are waiting more than 12 months for Phase II (see Sofian posts in the name is correct).

Secondly, please we are adult people here. We should not say like those words. You are free to share your opinion and expectation. No one should critic another.
Best hope for all.
Unfortunately the number of approved applications is not relevant if to judge according to this forum. Because we have here 20-30 active members under protected persons category. But in reality there are thousands of applications. Ant they don't post their timeline here.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
encantado said:
Unfortunately the number of approved applications is not relevant if to judge according to this forum. Because we have here 20-30 active members under protected persons category. But in reality there are thousands of applications. Ant they don't post their timeline here.
Even we are few, but there are people here who are waiting for so long. The time line of Phase I on CIC website keep increasing. These are strong evidents that some thing has changed on the proccessing system led to increasing the waiting time. I am suffering from this. If you feel comfortable with it, that is great for you.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salem10 said:
Even we are few, but there are people here who are waiting for so long. The time line of Phase I on CIC website keep increasing. These are strong evidents that some thing has changed on the proccessing system led to increasing the waiting time. I am suffering from this. If you feel comfortable with it, that is great for you.
This process is wavy. A couple of years ago the first stage was 13 months. Then it decreased to 2 months. Then again. You are not the first and not the least. It's just a fact of real life.