+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claimant. Waiting Almost 3 Years!!!

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hi folks..
Does anyone have a similar story?
I applied for refugee protection since July 2012.. Since then I have not received a hearing date or any information about my case. Is this normal? Its approaching 3 years now.. Im beginning to think my file has been LOST in the system. Ive gone down to the Irb office downtown Toronto and asked about it.. Nothing was done..

Dont know what to do again. I guess just wait aye..
Anyone else waiting that long, or even longer?

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refugeee said:
Hi folks..
Ive gone down to the Irb office downtown Toronto and asked about it.. Nothing was done..
What did they tell you when you had come to IRB?

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
My friend's hearing was scheduled after 2.5 years and mine after 18 months. You should call your case officer and ask her/him when it will be scheduled or if there is any problem.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA02 said:
Hi I have a friend that waited for 5 years! I flied 2012 and I got approved 2013.

Have faith and keep waiting
I doubt it's a good advice if you friend has been waiting for 5 years to suggest to do the same. The better way out will be keep in touch with lawyer and IRB constantly to shift the case from the dead point.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats the rush? If you are a genuine refugee then anywhere in the world without a status is far better than the place you have left for the sake of your life. Have patience, relax and enjoy Canada.
As the song goes by Bon Jovi....Keep the faith!

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
When you can't visit and separated from your child and wife then you would grasp the rush service :)
newtone said:
Whats the rush? If you are a genuine refugee then anywhere in the world without a status is far better than the place you have left for the sake of your life. Have patience, relax and enjoy Canada.
As the song goes by Bon Jovi....Keep the faith!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's an unfortunate reality of being a refugee , atleast this way he and his family are alive and thats the trade off.

VISA02

Oct 15, 2014
WishuWereHere said:
When you can't visit and separated from your child and wife then you would grasp the rush service :)
I haven't seen my son in 3 years but what I know for sure is that am better off in Canada! Yes my soniss me but I can't really do something about IT! I rather wait and support him from here

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
The problem with IRB is that since 2013 when new rules came into force all refugee claimants who claimed Refugee Protection before 2013 are having the same problem, their Hearing Date is not set what you can do is that You have to ask your legal Representative to request the status of your application at IRB , this can be done by fax or by mail and then they have to reply officially to your lawyer regarding your status and will set the date of your hearing. New refugee claims are heard within 40 days now.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to reach out your local MNA and also send email to immigration minister for delay in hearing, also cc to other Parliament members, it will work, u will see hearing call with in week, gauranteed,

Lachkov

Jan 30, 2015
My mother and I have been waiting for a decade now. So don't worry and keep calling CIC to keep you update. I know it's frustrating but keep yourself hopeful!

Angel15

Dec 25, 2014
I am refugee and waiting from 10 years ..My first hearing was after 3 years and now I am waiting for my removal from 2012 . I am ready to leave Canada but they are still processing DOCUMENTS from last 2 years .