File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand this now, but the immigration site still says 60 days, and this what made do it without my husband, i had no other choice anyway, thank you for your replies
Yes - we know the immigration site still says 60 days. Unfortunately that's not the actual wait for a hearing for most cases. Again, you should expect you'll be waiting more than a year for the hearing and that the overall process will take 2-3 years to complete.

As others have suggested, your husband can certainly try applying for a U.S. visitor visa. When he applies, make sure he declares the Canadian visa refusal. The chances of the U.S. visa being approved are likely low - but he can certainly try. If the U.S. visa is refused, then you will have to make a very difficult decision about whether you will remain in Canada with your children to wait out the processing of the refugee claim - or whether you will abandon the refugee claim and leave Canada so that you can be reunited with your husband.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If he does manage to get a US visa, if he crosses at a point of entry and claims asylum you will probably find he will be returned to the US due to the safe third country agreement. In order to claim exception to it, you would need valid status in Canada (which you don’t have since you are still a refugee claimant).

Reactions: Bryanna

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Problem is there is no going back, its not a choice, girls life is at risk. We will just hope things will be faster for the safety of all. Thank you for the replies

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
He will apply soon, just one question do they check with canadaian data if his wife and kids are on refugee, i mean do you have any idea if it will affect the decision
Of course they check everything By requesting a Visa then unilaterally requesting refugee status in Canada , what do you think they think your husband is going to do ?

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Of course they check everything By requesting a Visa then unilaterally requesting refugee status in Canada , what do you think they think your husband is going to do ?
He will apply for us visitor visa as for pleasure and vacation in las vegas, i do not know what are his chances, any idea about it will be appreciated.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
He will apply for us visitor visa as for pleasure and vacation in las vegas, i do not know what are his chances, any idea about it will be appreciated.
The US will know about his refused TRV to Canada. The US will know about yours and your children’s refugee claim. I don’t work for them but if I were the one looking at his visa application I would already know the vacation reason is a lie.

In my opinion, you really need to prepare yourself for the extremely likely event that you will not be able to see your spouse for years if you really want to go through with your refugee claim. Good luck.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The chances are about as good if Canada knew you were going to use the TRV route, come to Canada, and apply for refugee. They would have denied your TRV. Do you think Canada would have approved your visa if they knew you were going to claim refugee status ? Of course not.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
The chances are about as good if Canada knew you were going to use the TRV route, come to Canada, and apply for refugee. They would have denied your TRV. Do you think Canada would have approved your visa if they knew you were going to claim refugee status ? Of course not.
I know this, but no one wants to suffer this much unless it was their only way to survive, so we were trying to find a way where we can be safe as one family, too bad nothing is complete in life. Thank you all for the replies.