+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant, husband left outside country

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by Hws24, Mar 15, 2019 at 5:40 PM.

1. Hi, i made it to canada, me and my 2 girls, but my husband is left outside canada and his life is in danger, when i applied refugee on feb 7, 2019, the immigration told me i cannot include my husband in my application because he is outside canada, please help me on how he can get here in canada to be safe and wait if he is accepted as a refugee, especially i knew hearing can take years to be assigned. I cannot make it with 2 children and he is in danger! Any advices are appreciated, my legal aid lawyer said it is not their problem, and that my husband should figure it out on his own. Thank you in advance.

2. The only way he can come here is through applying for a TRV. However because you have claimed refugee status in Canada, the TRV is pretty much guaranteed to be refused. He won't be able to come to Canada until your refugee claim is accepted and your PR application has also been approved. Unfortunately this means it's most likely going to be several years before he can join you in Canada.

He can certainly try applying for the TRV and see what happens.

canuck78 and Bryanna like this.
  3. Thank you for your reply, he already applied for a TRV before i come to canada and it was refused.

4. Unfortunately that was his only option for coming here now.

jddd likes this.
  5. Can u please tell how did u come to Canada and have been granted refugee claimant statis??

6. I & the girls got accepted for TRV, we applied for it seperately not as a family so when my husband applied for himself it was rejected, once arrived we apllied for refugee

7. Uneed to wait fr yr gearing nd decision after that u can sponsor your husband no other way!! Mind if i ask wch country are u from