+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant document expires

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

My mothers Refugee claimant document expires soon, she went to see doctor today and lady at reception said she needs to renew her refugee document otherwise doctor won't take her through her IFHP coverage. Can't find any info on that and can't get hold of CIC by phone
Well as far i know, if the documents expire, the medical coverage does not expire. I knew one of my friend live in Montreal did renew his refugee claimant document. So i think ur mother should not have any problem plus doctor office should know it.

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
Health coverage is not guaranteed for H&C applicants. Some are working therefore get coverage through the province. What is your status and what was the expiry date on IFHP?
I am currently on Open work permit and didn’t renew my claimant document and IFHP since my case was rejected at federal court stage! What would you advise me and how will I get health coverage under open work permit? Thank you for your time

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
I am currently on Open work permit and didn’t renew my claimant document and IFHP since my case was rejected at federal court stage! What would you advise me and how will I get health coverage under open work permit? Thank you for your time
I am about to apply for my 3rd open work permit renewal and go for humanitarian compassion ground. What is the health coverage for someone like me who’s refugees claim was rejected all the way to Judicial Review and currently making use of my open work permit status! Can you please give me an overall advise regarding open work permit...H&CG...Health coverage...chance of applying for PR while going into my 3rd year in open work permit. I’d very much appreciate it. Thank you. God bless

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
Hi everyone,

My mothers Refugee claimant document expires soon, she went to see doctor today and lady at reception said she needs to renew her refugee document otherwise doctor won't take her through her IFHP coverage. Can't find any info on that and can't get hold of CIC by phone
[/QUOTE]
I am about to apply for my 3rd open work permit renewal and go for humanitarian compassion ground. What is the health coverage for someone like me who’s refugees claim was rejected all the way to Judicial Review and currently making use of my open work permit status! Can you please give me an overall advise regarding open work permit...H&CG...Health coverage...chance of applying for PR while going into my 3rd year in open work permit. I’d very much appreciate it. Thank you. God bless

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
[/QUOTE]

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
How did that work out for you? my claimant paper also expired last year and I’m planning to see my doctor for urgent need. My concern is will the IFHP cover me after my claimant paper has already expired And about humanitarian compassion ground?....it’s past the 1 year bar after my claim was rejected by federal court. Any advice friends
[/QUOTE]

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to see if you get another OWP. Who qualifies for healthcare varies by province. Where are you living?

Reactions: segpresto

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
You will have to see if you get another OWP. Who qualifies for healthcare varies by province. Where are you living?
I'm applying for OWP for the 3rd time and still considering going for humanitarian compassion ground since it has passed one year bar after my refugee claim was rejected and ended at the final Judical Review. And I'm currently in Toronto. Have no idea what to do for health coverage!!!! Ultimately my goal is to apply for PR! Thanks my friend for your time

Jen1820

Jan 21, 2020
Hi all.. please has anyone renewed their refugee protection document recently in Ontario ? How did you go about it? Thanks