+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant document expires

Hardy777

Jun 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

My mothers Refugee claimant document expires soon, she went to see doctor today and lady at reception said she needs to renew her refugee document otherwise doctor won't take her through her IFHP coverage. Can't find any info on that and can't get hold of CIC by phone

Oct 3, 2017
hello.thanks for the whats app reply.Most of us refugee claimants are fleeing for our lives and cannot join whats up for safety reasons.that is why we use this thread.Please help by letting us know as a legacy case how to renew this document issued 2012 and is expired is renewd.The phone number on the document is very hard to get to speak to anyone.Any office one can go to here in Toronto?

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
My refugee document expired as well last month (issued in 2012)
I got a positive hearing, do I still need to renew the document?

Nick_150

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
hello.thanks for the whats app reply.Most of us refugee claimants are fleeing for our lives and cannot join whats up for safety reasons.that is why we use this thread.Please help by letting us know as a legacy case how to renew this document issued 2012 and is expired is renewd.The phone number on the document is very hard to get to speak to anyone.Any office one can go to here in Toronto?
Goodluck finding the answer here then .

Last edited:

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I agree with "immigrant2012legacy" ... I joined the group and it wasn't easy for me to track everything in there, especially for someone like me who is not on WhatsApp all the time. Here, it's more direct.

Anyway, immigrant2012legacy - I figured out, the best time to call Immigration Canada between 7:55 - 8:05 AM .. there shouldn't be a lot of waiting calls.

Or, you can go to the same place where you submitted your refugee claim and they will advise.

Oct 3, 2017
I agree with "immigrant2012legacy" ... I joined the group and it wasn't easy for me to track everything in there, especially for someone like me who is not on WhatsApp all the time. Here, it's more direct.

Anyway, immigrant2012legacy - I figured out, the best time to call Immigration Canada between 7:55 - 8:05 AM .. there shouldn't be a lot of waiting calls.

Or, you can go to the same place where you submitted your refugee claim and they will advise.

San00

Feb 16, 2018
Hi, I'm in the same situation. My refugee document has been expired for a year now. Is there any way for me to renew it?

Reactions: segpresto

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
Hi, I'm in the same situation. My refugee document has been expired for a year now. Is there any way for me to renew it?
How did that work out for you? my claimant paper also expired last year and I’m planning to see my doctor for urgent need. My concern is will the IFHP cover me after my claimant paper has already expired And about humanitarian compassion ground?....it’s past the 1 year bar after my claim was rejected by federal court. Any advice friends

segpresto

Nov 8, 2019
So what happens after expiry and your claim was denied but still under appeal ot h&c application? Thanks
How did that work out for you? my claimant paper also expired last year and I’m planning to see my doctor for urgent need. My concern is will the IFHP cover me after my claimant paper has already expired And about humanitarian compassion ground?....it’s past the 1 year bar after my claim was rejected by federal court. Any advice friends

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Health coverage is not guaranteed for H&C applicants. Some are working therefore get coverage through the province. What is your status and what was the expiry date on IFHP?

Reactions: segpresto