+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee claimant and spouse

Ecemg35

Feb 29, 2020
Hi
I am the spouse of someone who claims to be a refugee. I came to Canada on a SX-1 visa and married my husband here in January. He has a court on 28 April.
We talked to his lawyer and before the court process we wanted to add me to my husband's file as a wife and if we pass the court, we would like to apply together for PR.
His lawyer also recommended this before.
My status, which is 6 months, ends on the 11th of June . I think I will have to extend my status, since it remains shortly after the court. I have a few questions about this. If there are people did like us, I would be glad to help.
1. When extending my status, do I need to convert my sx-1 visa into a visitor visa(TRV)?
2. Should I show my spouse and his account statement as a person to cover my expenses during the visa extension process?
3. If my husband will be the person to cover my expenses, does he need to do a check job? He works the skip the dishes.
4. How much money should I show in my account if I declare that I will finance myself?
5. Do you have any other advice for this process?
Thanks to everyone in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am the spouse of someone who claims to be a refugee. I came to Canada on a SX-1 visa and married my husband here in January. He has a court on 28 April.
We talked to his lawyer and before the court process we wanted to add me to my husband's file as a wife and if we pass the court, we would like to apply together for PR.
His lawyer also recommended this before.
My status, which is 6 months, ends on the 11th of June . I think I will have to extend my status, since it remains shortly after the court. I have a few questions about this. If there are people did like us, I would be glad to help.
1. When extending my status, do I need to convert my sx-1 visa into a visitor visa(TRV)?
2. Should I show my spouse and his account statement as a person to cover my expenses during the visa extension process?
3. If my husband will be the person to cover my expenses, does he need to do a check job? He works the skip the dishes.
4. How much money should I show in my account if I declare that I will finance myself?
5. Do you have any other advice for this process?
Thanks to everyone in advance.
Did you actually attend school? If not your permit could have been cancelled already.