+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant and PGWP

Samir444

Mar 26, 2019
Hi everybody. I’m a refugee claimant waiting for my appeal decision. According to my inquiries from CIC and some Immigration Consultants, I am eligible for study permit and based on rules and conditions of PGWP I couldn’t find any obstacle to get PGWP.
I have some doubts about this issue.

If I get a study permit for 8 months full time program which is eligible for PGWP.
Will I be able to get PGWP?
Do you have any experience about that?

Fawaz__

Oct 26, 2018
Hi everybody. I’m a refugee claimant waiting for my appeal decision. According to my inquiries from CIC and some Immigration Consultants, I am eligible for study permit and based on rules and conditions of PGWP I couldn’t find any obstacle to get PGWP.
I have some doubts about this issue.

If I get a study permit for 8 months full time program which is eligible for PGWP.
Will I be able to get PGWP?
Do you have any experience about that?
You can get an open work permit now. Why to wait until graduate?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They are anticipating their appeal will be refused. You will run into problems using your work experience during pgwp towards EE if you are fighting appeals, removals, etc.

Samir444

Mar 26, 2019
They are anticipating their appeal will be refused. You will run into problems using your work experience during pgwp towards EE if you are fighting appeals, removals, etc.
Thank you for your reply.
I can withdraw my Refugee claim and apply PGWP insid. Is it possible to get PR by this way.
Same thing if you go to school and work during PGWP. Won't count towards EE.
Thank you so much...