+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refugee claim

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Someone once applied for student nd visiting visa to canada both denied now the person is in canada (entered via usa)to claim asylum will the previous refusal affect the refugee?

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Someone once applied for student nd visiting visa to canada both denied now the person is in canada (entered via usa)to claim asylum will the previous refusal affect the refugee?
I guess it depends on the reasons why the student and visitor applications were rejected. I imagine that if they were rejected out of a security concern, then it would be a fair assumption that the refugee claim will be affected negatively.

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it depends on the reasons why the student and visitor applications were rejected. I imagine that if they were rejected out of a security concern, then it would be a fair assumption that the refugee claim will be affected negatively.
Pls explain “rejected out of security concern” thanks

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Pls explain “rejected out of security concern” thanks
Well if there is something in his/her history that represents a security concern for Canada then the application could be rejected. Like a conviction in the past for a violent crime, any history of human rights violations, association with dangerous groups...

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
i dont believe all this analysis. No one can determine what will happen at the refugee hearing.

i have seen a worst case that got approved. even though the person has tried to apply for visa outside of Canada numerous times and was refused. at the end of the hearing he was approved.

if the op has a genuine case to present to the refugee board while his life is in danger back home. he should go ahead

Reactions: captains