+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case under file review process for less complex cases

Refugeeinquiry

Dec 4, 2020
Here, I share the timeline of my father who applied for refugee protection claim.

November 2019: Claim applied
January 2020: Claim referred to RPD
October 2020: Notice received regaring less complex cases.
November 10 2020: Summited all the documents to RPD.
January, 28 2021: Letter received (Claim accepeted as convection refugee).

Best of luck guys. Hope you hear someting very soon.

Last edited:

Javed120

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Here, I share the timeline of my father who applied for refugee protection claim.

November 2019: Claim applied
January 2020: Claim referred to RPD
October 2020: Notice received regaring less complex cases.
November 10 2020: Summited all the documents to RPD.
January, 28 2021: Letter received (Claim accepeted as convection refugee).

Best of luck guys. Hope you hear someting very soon.
Which province did you apply

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
I entered Canada 9-Dec 2018 and applied for asylum
11-Dec 2020 received notice under file review process
24-DEC 2020- submitted required documents
FEB 2ND- lawyer told me I was turned into a short hearing set for early March.

BTW: according to my lawyer my country never goes under file review process.

I realize a short hearing is focused for a couple of matters to be discussed by the board member, It would be great if someone here gone through that experience. Or you know someone who had it. It would be great to get some advice

radvin2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
I received a letter for a virtual hearing by early March; I am worried that it is a bad sign. Does anyone experience? My case was selected for the file review process.

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Hello everyone who is worried sick about having the file review process turned into a short hearing, i have met more than one person and they all have said the process was easy, all they need to ask about is a point or two that was not clear to the member, it is nit a bad sign, just be confident of yourselves and let's hope the best, it seems many ool are going through the same, abd they get accepted hopefully.

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Hello everyone who is worried sick about having the file review process turned into a short hearing, i have met more than one person and they all have said the process was easy, all they need to ask about is a point or two that was not clear to the member, it is nit a bad sign, just be confident of yourselves and let's hope the best, it seems many ool are going through the same, abd they get accepted hopefully.
I am currently waiting on mime, i know it's in your mind each and every single second of the day, and thia ia not gonnna go away, just make sure you know your story and you prepared yourself well, then there's nothing else you can do.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

radvin2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Thank you

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
I received the letter for the file review process in Mid Dec, The due date was the end of Dec, my lawyer received an email yesterday for a virtual hearing.
Wow, that was fast, i recieved the file review eligibility letter in late nov 2019 send the document and certificate of readiness in early dec 2019, no news till nov 2020 and boom, a call to my lawyer about the date of short hearing, got the letter for short hearing recently but the letter says still could be decide on files aftsr5 10 days before hearing date. Fingers cross.
By the way i am ready for hearing and nothing to worry i just dont want to wait for NOD couple of month after hearing.

radvin2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Wow, that was fast, i recieved the file review eligibility letter in late nov 2019 send the document and certificate of readiness in early dec 2019, no news till nov 2020 and boom, a call to my lawyer about the date of short hearing, got the letter for short hearing recently but the letter says still could be decide on files aftsr5 10 days before hearing date. Fingers cross.
By the way i am ready for hearing and nothing to worry i just dont want to wait for NOD couple of month after hearing.
It has been too long, I think it was due to Covid. I hope all guys receive their positive decision. I am worried because I didn't know my hearing is short hearing or normal hearing; I haven't received the letter by mail yet.

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
IRB department's officers will decide whether your case is less complex or not. It's determined by your case story and officers. My claim is from April 2019 and selected for less complex claims more than 2 months ago. Every case is different by it's story. So there's no specific timeline
I’m a Bangladeshi too. I submitted all my supporting documents in early November. Haven’t heard back anything yet from them. What’s the update on ur claim.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver