+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case under file review process for less complex cases

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
I’m also from Bangladesh. Came directly from BD on November 3rd, 2021, Claimed on December 15th and now after Eligibility interview, waiting for WP and hearing date schedule. Anyone has almost same timeline?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m also from Bangladesh. Came directly from BD on November 3rd, 2021, Claimed on December 15th and now after Eligibility interview, waiting for WP and hearing date schedule. Anyone has almost same timeline?
Should take 1-2.5 years after eligibility hearing to get asylum hearing.

Mitti

Star Member
Nov 3, 2022
I forget to say that on July 30, 2020 i got first letter from Integrated Claim Analysis Center (ICAC) stated that ICAC is a pilot project and they prepare few files for IRB decision make. My case was taken in that project. That also stated that there is no minister intervention in my file and it is under less complex claims and i have to face a regular hearing ( three hours or half day) .
Since first day to till today -- i didnt involve any Lawyer in my case and my decision was to defend my case by my self.
Anyway, next letter came from IRB ( Refugee Protection Devision) on Oct 26, and they stated that they put my claim in file review process.
Next thing was regular. I was asked to submit, certificate of readiness and few documents supporting to my claim.
I did it before 15th Nov.
And till today, no reply from them.
Hi there,
Sorry if I’m asking this, i have received ICAC less complex file review letter but I haven’t gotten any letter from IRB yet, I should wait for IRB letter then send my evidence or I should send it now?

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Hi! Any update on your status?
Almost the same timeline. Claimed on 18th Nov 2021, Eligibility interview on Feb 2022, received WP on March 2022, got the letter as less complex on June 2022, Submitted all docs on 5th July 2022, My lawyer sent an update on 13th Feb 2023. Till now, there is no update.

Reactions: nirjhoroliver

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
Sorry if I’m asking this, i have received ICAC less complex file review letter but I haven’t gotten any letter from IRB yet, I should wait for IRB letter then send my evidence or I should send it now?
Follow the instructions you are given. Due to the large number of applicants there will likely be long wait times even if less complex cases.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Follow the instructions you are given. Due to the large number of applicants there will likely be long wait times even if less complex cases.
what is the difference between icac less complex file review letter and rpd's less complex file review letter?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
I wanna know ICAC letter is like an Rpd letter and should submit an evidence or should wait for another letter from Rdp
i think you should wait because icac letters looks like recommandations to rpd so rpd should make a decision about that.
it's just a brainstorming.

Reactions: Mitti