+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case in Pretoria

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hey guys,
Hope you're all doing well and those with applications in progress as well.
We have just done the medical tests this morning and probably by tomorrow should be sent to Nairobi.
No big health issue was pointed out by the doctor. We hope everything should be fine.

I have though a question: According to the law in SA, after 5 years, a refugee is qualify for a PR. If our refugee status is not renew but we got the SA PR, can this be a problem with IOM for travelling purpose?

I guess you can understand what I am trying to say.
Thanks for your advice as always

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
We are very happy your case is about to be finalised. Don't worry about SA PR.
It will not affect your Canada PR.the IOM will fix everything for you. Stop worrying and start learning OH CANADA!!
CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE AUDACITY OF YOUR HOPE!!!

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks Ario.
I know for sure we are not yet at the end of the tunnel, but this step was a very good sign that people out there are busy working on our file. I will refrain myself from any celebration before the big news.
If the IOM will not make it a big issue for our SA PR, then I guess I have nothing to worry about.
I wish this audacity of hope didn't come with heart and mind problems. It is not good waiting, waiting and waiting for a long period without any idea of what is going on. It makes the heart sick.
We will not give up ...

Thanks for the encouragements and support

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
If you are looking for the peace of mind which means the tranquility of a life free of any problems ,it is not here that you can find it.Not even in Canada . The struggles will be at yet another level. Remember that the successes and failures are what makes this life so precious. Once you clear one mountain then you'll see the mountain that was hidden by the mountain that you were facing etc...
We hope you think about us once you get to Canada.
May God continue to bless the United States of America

Ario

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Ario,
Your wise words always bring hope and help to see things differently. You are so encouraging in all your messages. With friends like these, how can one forget them once he arrives alive at his final destination? The last time I checked, USA was sharing the border with Canada! Have you decided to move away? ??? I’m sure your country will be the first on our visit list. In Africa we say, “don’t get rid of the stick that helped you to kill the snake, because you never know…”.

I have one more question: If things go according to the mathematics we did last time, how will we be informed? will the embassy call me to go and collect the PR? Will they post it to my postal address? Will they send it to the IOM for travelling arrangements?
Sorry for my little understanding of the next steps?

Thanks a lot for all your advice.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
I have not changed my plans,I was just wishing blessings to the USA .
I hope you are now in Canada,if not rest assured that IOM will take care of everything.
To answer your question,in the case of the people I know,the PR was collected at the embassy in Pretoria at the reception,but I think it can also be posted. It is just an envelope full of documents:Letter ,Airline Tickets and travel arrangements, Record of Landing,brochures about all aspects of life in Canada etc....
I wish you all the best

May God forever bless the DRC

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks Ario, unfortunately or fortunately (reader to exercises his own discernment) we are still in South Africa. We are now very much experienced when it comes to waiting. Keeping ourselves busy help us to not counting days and years. Until our turn comes, we will keep our hope alive. Thank you Ario and all the readers so much for all the advices and useful information.

Yes, may God bless DRC and everywhere else in the world.

Mfumu

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi mfumu
May be you'll be travelling in November (winter time in Canada),that's what happened to my people.
So you get the taste of the weather you 'll need to get accustomed to.
and another reason is the cost of tickets which is cheaper that time of the year flying from area with better weather. Any way they will be waiting for you at the airport with all winter clothings for you and for the baby.
God bless you

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks a lot Ario for your advices and information.
We are still patiently waiting our turn, enjoying the winter down here in South Africa.
I will let you all posted once the final call is made. No clue how long it takes after the med tests.
God bless
Mfumu

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
Good to hear about you again. After the medical it is anybody's guess as to how long it takes them to come back to you,but you know you have made it ,so don't worry about the time.I know people who have submitted the medicals in February ,they are still waiting. So this is not the time to run out of stamina

God bless you

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Oh nooooooo what you've said will make me even more sick while waiting.
Thank you by the way, it helps to keep real.
I don't want to know why it takes this long, but for the sake of the earth if this process can finish, at least we can start thinking about other stuff. I wish if I had that power !!!

One day !!!

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Dear friends and colleagues on the waiting bench.
Finally that call has come through. We will be on our way to Canada sometime in October.
Medicals was done in May and here we are seating with this good news.

The waiting is over.
Thank you to all for your support during this process.
Hope to chat to you again in the other side of the world as we will need your help to get ourselves in the system.
Will you always be helpful as you've been this far?

Reactions: SouthForeigner

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Well done Mfumu!

October is the best time to prepare for Canada winter which is sometimes severe. The waiting is over ,make the best of your Canada experience
May God continue to bless you

Ario

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Thank you Ario. We will do the best of our Canadian experience.
We are ready to give it all. We will let you know about our landing experience.

Thanks a lot

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
This is October I hope you are already in Canada. The last week of September I was in Ottawa and Montreal for a short visit. I just got EU citizenship ,so I went to visit just to see what Canada looks like. My file is still in process at London Office. The place is nice and it is worth it.

Ario