+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee case in Pretoria

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
True if you only want a job for your qualifications it is a mountain to climb , I advise you to consider everything else before your funds run out.

Ario

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Ario,
Yes we have landed in Winnipeg since the 27 Oct. We don't have yet the first impression but we are trying first to get all our sleeps in order. As you've said, we should be prepared for the worse but hope for the best.
Are you still in Canada or you're back enjoying your new cityzenship?

Thanks

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
I am back in Europe as I work full time,I only spent a week in Canada. 5 days in Ottawa and 2 days in Quebec.My file is still stuck in process in London. I still have to get a document in Africa for the process to move forward.I think this is for next year as I'm going to Africa to get the document,but there is no rush now as I have the red passport . Congrats for your success, you now have to work hard and don't rush into debts with long studies,work and save and see later if you really want to study.The common mistake of many immigrants is to embark into long studies shortly after arrival and they find themselves into huge debts which are nearly impossible to clear(Ecclesiates 12:14).

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Ario, you're talking like one of the sons of the prophets.
Lucky enough for me, i see long studies as not the key to a success family life, instead it can bring all kind of problems.
It's our fourth day and we got already our SIN numbers, cards will be posted to our address in 2 weeks time. We got as well our Provincial Health cards, and applied for the Interim Federal health cards too. And will these in one week. Then have opened a bank account too. Tomorrow, we have other things to do. But in all, Canadians are very welcoming and very kind in general.

Thank you so much for the advice and I will never forget that.
Hope your application will go as quickly as possible.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
All the best,I 'm glad you are alright and you take the advice well.When I visited Canada I found people with huge degrees but doing jobs that do not require a degree. It is a waste of both money and time. You can do some short courses to make yourself marketable .
Let's keep in touch ,I hope we meet some day .If I come to Canada again I surely will look for you.

God bless you

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
Hi all,
I thought I can update you on our first month stay in Canada. Beside the cold that we didn't have this much, life people are so welcoming and good in general. Suprisingly I managed to get a job in my field as I use to work back home (IT) after just 3 weeks of our arrival. In the same time my family is getting to know the city.
Thanks God it workout so quickly for us. It should as well work well with all of you. Good luck on your waiting.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Mfumu
That is a miracle !!! a job after just three weeks ,only God can do such things ,so don't forget to honor Him with the holy part of your money (the seed).
What field of IT you worked on ?

God bless

Mfumu

Mar 8, 2011
We are in the technical support team.
We do support remotely all our branches all over Canada. I am more doing the Vancouver, Alberta and Montreal.
Yes, God has always a very important place in my family life. No worry for that
Thank you for your support and all your advice

SouthForeigner

Jul 12, 2019
Hello Mfumu,

Yes, it works and people do get PR with the private sponsorship. I lived in Nairobi for a while and I witnesses a lot of my friends beiing privately sponsored and they all got their PR after all.

CIC is know for having a huge backlog that create all the delays and causes frustrations but you will eventually hear from them.

Just be patient, mokonzi...

Un jour ou l'autre...
Salut brother