+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Case Approved --- What Next ??

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello everyone, My case for Refugee has been Approved last week , now waiting for Notice of Decision,, Please guide me for the further process of applying for PR & RTD.
Thank you very much

Reactions: sayed.saddat

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Apply for PR is very straight forward, enclosed with your notice of decision you'll receive instructions on how to apply. You have to fill some forms and pay some fees (refugees are exempt of some fees, but not all fees). Right now I cannot give you details as I don't remember, but I know it was really intuitive.

To apply for RTD you'll need one guarantor who knows you for more than 6 months and 2 references who know you for more than 2 years.. There's special requirements for guarantors.. he/she must be a physician, PA (Professional Accountant), PEng (Professional Engineer), Police.. etc..etc.. I've used my Family Doctor as Guarantor and a couple of friends as references.. You'll need to fill form PPTC190 and provide a credit card o valid payment for the RTD cost (120 CAD).. This process might take from 4 to 8 weeks depending on the working load in Passport Office Gatineau, Quebec which are the only ones to issue Canadian RTD.. if you are in a hurry (or live in the area) you can go personally.. Either way you'll need proof of your status in Canada (Notice of decision) and 2 ID's (one with picture), i've used my Refugee Claimant Document and my Provincial Drivers Licence.. for me, it took around 4 weeks since I've sent the package to Gatineau, QC until I've received my RDT at the Postal office..

Good Luck..

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Thank you very much for your detailed reply, I have one question,, If a person is in Canada for 1 year, how can he provide reference who knows you for 2 years ??

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Thank you very much for your detailed reply, I have one question,, If a person is in Canada for 1 year, how can he provide reference who knows you for 2 years ??
according to the PPTC190 form, they don't necessarily have to live in Canada

I've used a couple of friends who knew me from my home country and they live in Canada... But I think as long as they are reachable it should be good.

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
You need two references for your passport renewal or new applications. Your references must:

• have known you for at least:
    • two years for passport applications
    • six months for Certificate of Identity or Refugee Travel Document applications
so not 2 years, just 6 months....

also you can pay the fee for RTD online and attach copy of online receipt.

Reactions: Calgary21

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Yes, Here to confirm the rules have changed in regards to References..

Old applications, using form PPTC 190 from June 2018 asked for 2 years,
New Applications, from June 2019, ask for 6 months..

Reactions: Calgary21

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
You need two references for your passport renewal or new applications. Your references must:

• have known you for at least:
    • two years for passport applications
    • six months for Certificate of Identity or Refugee Travel Document applications
so not 2 years, just 6 months....

also you can pay the fee for RTD online and attach copy of online receipt.
Thank you very much for Update

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello everyone, My case for Refugee has been Approved last week , now waiting for Notice of Decision,, Please guide me for the further process of applying for PR & RTD.
Thank you very much
congratulations .

Can you please share your time line. was your hearing for first time scheduled