+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee asylum

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
i know all these rules regulation, but they mention in the letter . when i will complete 7 years to reside in India , its not sure they will give me or not?
Your husband and children are Indian nationals + you have been in a pretty long and stable marriage. There's no reason why you will not be granted Indian citizenship if you apply for it after residing in India for 7 years.

You were refused Indian citizenship because you cannot apply for it from Saudi Arabia + without meeting the residence requirements.

My question is still ?
The answer remains the same. You have an almost zero chance of a successful asylum claim because you do not have any grounds to claim asylum.

After your application is refused, you will be asked to leave Canada or could be deported if you refuse to leave. This would effectively affect your chances of getting visas to most other countries because you would seem like a potential asylum claimant to those countries as well.

Your children are adults, right? Are they employed? If they have at least year of full-time paid work experience, they could consider immigrating to Canada through one of the economic immigration streams. They can then apply for temporary residence visas for you and your husband after they become PRs i.e. apply for your super visas when they meet income and other requirements. It's a long-term plan that you may want to consider

wardahjb

Aug 5, 2018
Your husband and children are Indian nationals + you have been in a pretty long and stable marriage. There's no reason why you will not be granted Indian citizenship if you apply for it after residing in India for 7 years.

You were refused Indian citizenship because you cannot apply for it from Saudi Arabia + without meeting the residence requirements.

The answer remains the same. You have an almost zero chance of a successful asylum claim because you do not have any grounds to claim asylum.

After your application is refused, you will be asked to leave Canada or could be deported if you refuse to leave. This would effectively affect your chances of getting visas to most other countries because you would seem like a potential asylum claimant to those countries as well.

Your children are adults, right? Are they employed? If they have at least year of full-time paid work experience, they could consider immigrating to Canada through one of the economic immigration streams. They can then apply for temporary residence visas for you and your husband after they become PRs i.e. apply for your super visas when they meet income and other requirements. It's a long-term plan that you may want to consider
Hi,
i Fulfill all requirements for Indian Citizen...but they did'nt give nationality for pakistanis.....second thing my children are not adult... 12 & 9

Can$$$$

Jul 7, 2018
Greetings members,I am a holder of a two years work permit and I want to apply for asylum in Canada,my worries are;what will happen to the work permit?will I continue working with the permit?will my passport be seize?what will happen if my claim is denied and my TRV is still valid?and for how long can a protected person stay in Canada before he can visit his home country?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your passport will be seized and the TRV cancelled. You may get to use the work permit, but I doubt it. You won’t be able to visit your home country until you get citizenship (5 years+). If you are claiming refugee status and want to travel home, that doesn’t sound like a particularly genuine claim. If your claim(and any associated appeals) are rejected, you will be removed from Canada. Chances of returning or getting a visa to other countries would be practically zero after that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Greetings members,I am a holder of a two years work permit and I want to apply for asylum in Canada,my worries are;what will happen to the work permit?will I continue working with the permit?will my passport be seize?what will happen if my claim is denied and my TRV is still valid?and for how long can a protected person stay in Canada before he can visit his home country?
If you have been working in Canada for 2 years it will be difficult to show that you are currently at risk of persecution. Obviously there are exception but the asylum route is far from easy and has a lot of risks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
i Fulfill all requirements for Indian Citizen...but they did'nt give nationality for pakistanis.....
No, you do NOT fulfill all the requirements for Indian Citizenship.

Being married to an Indian national is only one part of that requirement. The other more relevant requirements are that you must have lived in India for 7 years before you apply for Indian citizenship + as a Pakistan national, you have the added requirement that states you cannot travel abroad when your application for Indian citizenship is being processed.

second thing my children are not adult... 12 & 9
In that case there's not much of a choice for you.

1. You and your husband can do the eligibility tests to see if you qualify for immigration to Canada through any of the economic streams, or

2. Move to a country that would allow you and your husband to work/live there. Take a cue from the sports celebrity couple, Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik, and you could move to Dubai/UAE. In fact, if you own property in the UAE, you could get a residence permit

3. Your asylum claim in Canada will be refused and you will find it pretty difficult to get visas to most countries after that. But, it's your call if you want to go down this predictably doomed asylum claim path

Fatima khan

Aug 31, 2018
Hello.i am a.young landy 20 year old i am the only leader in my family for take care of 4 person my brother and sister which are elder than me my old mom and dad i must work here in Afghanistan and make some good money for continuing of life and have good economy but you know will the satution of Afghanistan people make fan of me irratit me some times i cant find job here i am so in tention according to the this situation i am sure that i cant help my family and wht about my 2 year old brother life him studies any one help me plz what should i do that government of canda accept me

Nn123

Sep 2, 2018
Your lawyer offered you a PR? Funny, since only IRCC has the ability to do that. I'd be looking for a second (or third) opinion on that. There is no way a lawyer can promise you that.
Hi sir plz help me I am adnan pakistan and live saudia I want asylum stay canada plz send detail I am not come back pakistan mybi go pakistan shoot me police are one political

CasualAsylum

Sep 11, 2018
Hi there,
Hope all is well.
I am a conventional refugee and I want to withdraw my protection status as I no longer fear persecution in my country because of the change in governance. Is that possible to withdraw my status / If so how? I called CBSA and they told me that I have two options for that.
The first one is to apply a passport from the embassy of my country based in Canada, get a new passport and travel with that.
The second option is to wait till I get my PR and by then they will return my seized passport so that I can travel to my country.
I don't want to wait a year or so till I get my PR. Do you know something about this? Thanks
If you are residing in Toronto, you will mostly likely need to visit the CBSA office located at 74 Victoria Street 10th floor and speak to an officer about your intent to give up your convention refugee status. Detailed instructions will be given to you by the officer and you will be asked to sign some papers indicating you no longer wish to maintain your convention refugee status in Canada.