+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee asylum

nittinkumar

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Hello,my brother wants to apply Refugee case here with in canada, he dnt wanna go back india,becz Nobdy there me n my mother live here, he is on visitor visa,please suggest and share some experince and guide us what can we do now....please give me right guide

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nittinkumar said:
Hello,my brother wants to apply Refugee case here with in canada, he dnt wanna go back india,becz Nobdy there me n my mother live here, he is on visitor visa,please suggest and share some experince and guide us what can we do now....please give me right guide
Are you kidding?? The refugee program exists so that people who are actually in danger can seek the protection of the Canadian government, not so people can live with their mommy...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nittinkumar said:
What are his reasons for applying for refugee status? What evidence does he have to support his claim?

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
hi sycllla

I m a little bit confused, I do have a risk of life back to home country, I have been attacked much time, even my have has been attacked.
I do have police reports (FIR), Medical Reports, News Paper regarding my attack, audio and video statements of my rival, it's based on religious and personal property cases.

Now, I am In Alberta, Yesterday, I been to lawyer for my case and Lawyer did offer to me PR on the basis of my post graduation in 8 months,

should i believe to the lawyer or should I go for the Protected person?

your help will appreciate.

AREEJ

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your lawyer offered you a PR? Funny, since only IRCC has the ability to do that. I'd be looking for a second (or third) opinion on that. There is no way a lawyer can promise you that.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Your lawyer offered you a PR? Funny, since only IRCC has the ability to do that. I'd be looking for a second (or third) opinion on that. There is no way a lawyer can promise you that.

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY.

SHE SAID I WOULD APPLY YOUR PR 8 MONTH AND YOUR
FAMILY . THE SHOCKING THING SHE CALCULATED EVRY THING IN 2 MIMT AND SHE SAID YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PR.
AND SHE WAS GIVING ME 100 PERCENT SURETY.
I AM TOTALY CONFUSED.

I DID EMAIL TO HER IN WHICH CATAGORY SHE WOULD APPLY MY CASEBUT DIDI NOT GET ANY ANSWER.

PLS ADVICE ME BEST SOLUTION.

THANKS
AREEJ

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hi! I was wondering how is it possible for Cubans from outside apply for asylum status.
If anyone has information about whether Cubans can immigrate to Canada and how.
Thank you for your attention.

Hannn31

Aug 4, 2018
Hi there,
Hope all is well.
I am a conventional refugee and I want to withdraw my protection status as I no longer fear persecution in my country because of the change in governance. Is that possible to withdraw my status / If so how? I called CBSA and they told me that I have two options for that.
The first one is to apply a passport from the embassy of my country based in Canada, get a new passport and travel with that.
The second option is to wait till I get my PR and by then they will return my seized passport so that I can travel to my country.
I don't want to wait a year or so till I get my PR. Do you know something about this? Thanks

wardahjb

Aug 5, 2018
hello, everyone
i would like to ask about outside Asylum, we can get asylum or not.....coz i am pakistani, my husband is indian, we lived in saudi arabia since last 34 years. i cannot go to india bcoz i am pakistani and they are not giving me visa. mu husband can't go pakistan same problem er are facing ... my kids are also indain national... plz somebody give me a loyal suggestions. i am worried about my kids future.
i am highly thankful .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Asylum is for people fleeing persecution and personal threats/risk to their lives. Your claim for asylum will be refused for a couple of reasons.

i would like to ask about outside Asylum, we can get asylum or not.....coz i am pakistani, my husband is indian, we lived in saudi arabia since last 34 years.
Your asylum claim will be seen as country-shopping for your post-retirement plans. You have already lived for 34 years in Saudi Arabia which means you are not in need of protection from Canada or another country.

i cannot go to india bcoz i am pakistani and they are not giving me visa. mu husband can't go pakistan same problem er are facing ... my kids are also indain national... plz somebody give me a loyal suggestions. i am worried about my kids future.
Not sure why you were unable to get a India X visa (entry visa for foreign spouses of Indian nationals)....while your children have already been granted Indian citizenship. In their case it's because they have one parent that has Indian citizenship. Based on your post, I'm assuming your children are adults. So, you should be able to get an entry visa.

Is there some other reason why you have been refused an X visa? Or you applied once several years ago and didn't try again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

wardahjb

Aug 5, 2018
Asylum is for people fleeing persecution and personal threats/risk to their lives. Your claim for asylum will be refused for a couple of reasons.

Your asylum claim will be seen as country-shopping for your post-retirement plans. You have already lived for 34 years in Saudi Arabia which means you are not in need of protection from Canada or another country.

Not sure why you were unable to get a India X visa (entry visa for foreign spouses of Indian nationals)....while your children have already been granted Indian citizenship. In their case it's because they have one parent that has Indian citizenship. Based on your post, I'm assuming your children are adults. So, you should be able to get an entry visa.

Is there some other reason why you have been refused an X visa? Or you applied once several years ago and didn't try again?
Yes , i am living in Saudi Arabia since last 34 years but i never been Pakistan. and now Saudi Arabia government to force all foreigners to go back home country. where i will go ?

and another thing, before 5 years ago i applied Indian Nationality as per rules regulation but they rejected last year. and i have prove . the High Authority send me rejection Letter. and they mentioned in the letter they will not give me a nationality because of i am Pakistani National. I applying visit visa for India last 4 years ... but they rejected every year.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, those are still not grounds for assylum. Your claim would be rejected and you would be sent back to Pakistan.

wardahjb

Aug 5, 2018
Unfortunately, those are still not grounds for assylum. Your claim would be rejected and you would be sent back to Pakistan.
u mean i will go Pakistan alone...any my husband and kids go back to India alone.....how could be? Is there another option?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes , i am living in Saudi Arabia since last 34 years but i never been Pakistan. and now Saudi Arabia government to force all foreigners to go back home country. where i will go ?
India is an option available to you.

and another thing, before 5 years ago i applied Indian Nationality as per rules regulation but they rejected last year. and i have prove .
You were correctly refused Indian citizenship when you applied five years ago.

As per the Indian Citizenship Act, a foreign spouse married to an Indian citizen is eligible to apply for Indian citizenship ONLY if this foreign spouse has resided for at least 7 years prior to applying. You have not resided in India for 7 years.

You should have applied/can apply for an X entry visa.... then apply for a Long-Term Visa (LTV) when your initial stay is close to expiring.... you can then extend that LTV until you have 7 years of stay in India before you apply for Indian citizenship.

Also, as per the Indian Citizenship Act, as a Pakistani national, you will NOT be allowed to travel abroad for one year after you apply for Indian citizenship..... otherwise, you would need to reapply from scratch after returning/residing in India for one year

wardahjb

Aug 5, 2018
India is an option available to you.

You were correctly refused Indian citizenship when you applied five years ago.

As per the Indian Citizenship Act, a foreign spouse married to an Indian citizen is eligible to apply for Indian citizenship ONLY if this foreign spouse has resided for at least 7 years prior to applying. You have not resided in India for 7 years.

You should have applied/can apply for an X entry visa.... then apply for a Long-Term Visa (LTV) when your initial stay is close to expiring.... you can then extend that LTV until you have 7 years of stay in India before you apply for Indian citizenship.

Also, as per the Indian Citizenship Act, as a Pakistani national, you will NOT be allowed to travel abroad for one year after you apply for Indian citizenship..... otherwise, you would need to reapply from scratch after returning/residing in India for one year
Hi,
i know all these rules regulation, but they mention in the letter . when i will complete 7 years to reside in India , its not sure they will give me or not?
My question is still ?