+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/Asylum Claimants 2023 Timeline

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi Simba112,
what is usual PR approval time after we apply for PR and then when we can get PR card for travel ?
Hi there..
I think this piece of information will be useful for you.

Loss of refugee status (cessation)

Canada offers protection to refugees because they have shown that they are in danger in their home country. However, Canadian government has the right to remove someone’s refugee status if it believes that the person accepted the protection of their home country (known as “re-availment”) after obtaining refugee status in Canada.

This could happen if a person:

• Travels to their home country (even for a short visit)
  • Travels using the passport of their home country
  • Applies for a new passport from their home country
If a person has done one of the above-mentioned things, it may not automatically be a problem. It is up to the Canada Border Services Agency to decide which cases to pursue. If they pursue the case, and the person loses their refugee status, they may also automatically lose their permanent residence (if they have it).

As this is a very serious issue, it is important to understand which actions to avoid. For more information please see the CCR's resource: Basic Information about Cessation.

https://ccrweb.ca/en/travel-outside-canada-refugees

Reactions: Trustwork801

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hi, I finally got the call for my interview for the 26th of January. Fingers crossed
Whats your timeline and are you in Toronto ? I submitted my claim on November but wasnt invited for interview yet. Medical passed as well. I don’t know how long this gonna take to return for interview.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Simba112,
what is usual PR approval time after we apply for PR and then when we can get PR card for travel ?
You don't need pr card to travel. PR approval time is about 23 months. however you can apply for RTD once you got positive NOD but rtd took 6 month to 1 year depend on your situation and purpose of visit Good luck

Reactions: Trustwork801

Herealone

Nov 22, 2023
Hi Herealone, how did it go
Hi Legooo
It went really well and no time wasting. Also, no questions were asked about my claim. Got my work permit and brown paper on the spot. Infact I also got my SIN the same day (there is a service ontario office in the building)
Now, I start looking for a job

To Everyone,
Someone told me if I don't have Canadian work experience on my resume, it might be hard getting a job. How true is this please?

Herealone

Nov 22, 2023
Whats your timeline and are you in Toronto ? I submitted my claim on November but wasnt invited for interview yet. Medical passed as well. I don’t know how long this gonna take to return for interview.
[/QUOTE
Submitted BOC on the 2nd of Oct, AOC on the 4th of Oct, Medical passed on the 13th Oct
Eligibility interview on the 26th of Jan, got my work permit and brown paper on the spot.

Elkana

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Submitted BOC February 26th
AOC/Medicals Requested March 6th
Medicals Passed March 31st
(Documents Seizure)Interview Call In April 6th (Appointment will be on April 20th)

Etobicoke
Submit Aug 2023
Medical Sep 2023
Interview,work permit,brown paper, SIN Nov 2023
Waiting hearing

Masd

Feb 7, 2017
Ethiopia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Med's Done....
13-Sep-2017
Please I need your help. I got my work permit in November. After waiting 3 months finally I got a job. Should I report to the immigration or the government about my job, like when and where I started? Please and thank you.

alexjunga

Jan 17, 2024
i applied on 14/12/23
Aoc 19/12/23
Ime 19/12/23
medical passed on 06/01/24

till now i havent been scheduled fir interview someone advice

hinhaj

Oct 10, 2023
i applied on 14/12/23
Aoc 19/12/23
Ime 19/12/23
medical passed on 06/01/24

till now i havent been scheduled fir interview someone advice

Applied BOC : 23 /12/ 23
AOC: 4/1/24
MEDICAL: 5/1/24
MEDICAL PASSED : 8/1/24

Waiting for eligibility, seizure,bio metric,work permit,sin number,brown envalop,IRB reffral

I hope soon we will get good news