Jul 26, 2020
SUBMITTED BOC 7/11/2023

AOC/MEDICAL REPORT 9/11/2023

PASSED MEDICAL 15/12/2023

BIOMETRIC/FIRST INTERVIEW/BROWN PAPER/WORK PERMIT- ALL THE SAME DAY 10/01/2024

REFERAL DECISION 10/01/2024
hi.

that seems fast and quick.

Can u pls tell what will the next step after getting work permit??

How about the income assistance if Refugee open work permit holder does not have any job in Canada? How much government grant is there. Pls guide

Thanks

Chiariwill

Jan 20, 2024
hi.

that seems fast and quick.

Can u pls tell what will the next step after getting work permit??

How about the income assistance if Refugee open work permit holder does not have any job in Canada? How much government grant is there. Pls guide

Thanks
Call Ontario works for financial assistance

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone.
Please guide.
If a person is on Refugee open work permit inside Canada. and his spouse and kids are outside canada in their Home Country. Can that person apply TRV/Visitor or Work permit for his spouse and kids to enter in Canada? or do they need to wait for the decision for his existing refugee application. Pls guide

Thanks

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hi everyone.
Please guide.
If a person is on Refugee open work permit inside Canada. and his spouse and kids are outside canada in their Home Country. Can that person apply TRV/Visitor or Work permit for his spouse and kids to enter in Canada? or do they need to wait for the decision for his existing refugee application. Pls guide

Thanks
Of course, they can apply for TRV.
But the question is, would they get approval for their visas?
I don't think IRCC will approve visas for his spouse and kids because of his status, let alone a work permit.

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Of course, they can apply for TRV.
But the question is, would they get approval for their visas?
I don't think IRCC will approve visas for his spouse and kids because of his status, let alone a work permit.
ok thanks.

Can u pls guide
What are the steps after work permit. and when will the hearing take place. and when can apply for PR?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
ok thanks.

Can u pls guide
What are the steps after work permit. and when will the hearing take place. and when can apply for PR?
You can start looking for a job after you receive your WP.
You will receive a notification for your hearing date.
After receiving a positive decision, you can apply for PR.

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
You can start looking for a job after you receive your WP.
You will receive a notification for your hearing date.
After receiving a positive decision, you can apply for PR.
thanks for the response.

Do you have any idea that how long the hearing take place and what they will ask in hearing?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
thanks for the response.

Do you have any idea that how long the hearing take place and what they will ask in hearing?
It depends on your case.
If your case is less complex, maybe you'll get a hearing in 3-6 months after it is referred to the IRB.

What they will ask in the hearing depends on your BOC. You're the only person who knows your case very well.

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Nyathira ,I just saw your comment am in vancouver and I would like someone to give me guidelines,please would you be willing to assist I will appreciate before I file for assylum
yes off course you can ask of anything

Nyathira

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Category........
Other
Would you be so kind to share the tips Symba advised you? I would be so appreciative. God bless you.
sorry i have not been here for the longest sure whatever questions you have i will be glad to answer. symba gave me so many tips specification can help to narrow down to whatever you are interested in.

Missy_

Sep 23, 2022
Hello guys, below is my timeline
Applied for asylum: Mar7,2023
Already did medical from previous application
Biometrics : Apr 30, 2023 I then changed my province from Ontario to BC on my interview
File got lost for a few months
Had to speak to CBSA and IRCC on Oct 22,2023 to finally find my file then was called in for eligibility interview on Nov 6,2023 in Vancouver.
File was referred to IRB on Nov 6
Lawyer submitted my evidence Nov 14,2023.
Received hearing date on Dec 19, 2023
Hearing was virtual on Jan 23,2024
Positive NOD received on the spot
Thanks everyone and I wish you all the best in your process. Happy new year!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for the response.

If considered less complex from countries where chance of approval is very high due to country conditions like current war or part of the LGBTQIA+ population in countries where it is illegal or very high incidence of murder tend to be less than a year after applying but if normal application could be up to 2+ years for hearing.

Reactions: waseememirates1

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
If considered less complex from countries where chance of approval is very high due to country conditions like current war or part of the LGBTQIA+ population in countries where it is illegal or very high incidence of murder tend to be less than a year after applying but if normal application could be up to 2+ years for hearing.
ok thanks

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
hi just a quick question. if u can pls guide.

BOC submitted
Got Claimant document
got work Permit

Now Wait for Hearing
If positive decision at the time of Hearing then

Apply PR

Then after PR apply- Wait for decision from 1 to 2 year to get PR approval.

Are these the total steps??

Pls guide if anything needs to know about steps. Pls correct me if anything needs to be added in these steps.

Thanks is advance