+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Applying Open Work Permit

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by betteka, Nov 16, 2016.

  1. I have my refugee status and want to apply for Open Work Permit (form IMM5710E). There's some doubt on what should I fill out in the section of Details of intended work in Canada:

    I know I should fill out "N/A" for details of prospective employer address of employer, job title and the address (because it's an open working permit). But what should I choose for the duration of expected employment?

    Anyone has any experience in this form?
  2. I also just found out that refugee (or refugee claimant) don't have to pay fee for applying a work permit? Is this true??

  3. From CIC:

    Note: If you are a Refugee Claimant for whom no final decision has been made, or you have found to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person, you need not pay the processing fee for work permits, study permits, or temporary resident permits.
  4. yeah, i already figured it out , thanks though! :D

Share This Page