+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee and career opportunities

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I am starting this thread to get some opinions about career being a refugee .
As you know many educated and skilled people move from back home and become refugee here in canada.

so what do u think what are the best options and way out to enhance their skills and knowledge? And from where they can get some help regarding their career?

let Me tell about myself !

i did masters from back home but in the start I worked in grocery store ,then in a warehouse and now my case has been accepted so now thinking about career ..

So I am planning for being RCIC ( regulated Canadian immigration consultant) ..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am starting this thread to get some opinions about career being a refugee .
As you know many educated and skilled people move from back home and become refugee here in canada.

so what do u think what are the best options and way out to enhance their skills and knowledge? And from where they can get some help regarding their career?

let Me tell about myself !

i did masters from back home but in the start I worked in grocery store ,then in a warehouse and now my case has been accepted so now thinking about career ..

So I am planning for being RCIC ( regulated Canadian immigration consultant) ..
FYI - there are only two schools now that are authorized to deliver the program to become an RCIC. One is Queen's (program is in English). The other is the University of Montreal (program is in French). The Queen's program is somewhere between $15K and $20K.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
FYI - there are only two schools now that are authorized to deliver the program to become an RCIC. One is Queen's (program is in English). The other is the University of Montreal (program is in French). The Queen's program is somewhere between $15K and $20K.
Thanks for your reply..

I am planning for Queen‘s

Reactions: Nelan and scylla

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I request all refugees to share their profession here so everyone can get benefit of these details..thanks

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for your reply..

I am planning for Queen‘s
I am planning on my RCIC too. I already passed CAEL with 80 80 80 90 and I am about to apply for Queen's. I am an office manager with an immigration law firm so the chances are not bad for me to get accepted at Queen's. The issue is $14700 tuition which is not supported by provincial education support financial programs.

Reactions: Norijal

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I arrived in Canada as a refugee in 2018 and I was accepted in January 2020. within the time I arrived in Canada and my acceptance, I did some short courses to sharpen my skills in data analysis. Fast forward to February 2020, I did some certifications exams in my area of specialization and got a good job few months after.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I arrived in Canada as a refugee in 2018 and I was accepted in January 2020. within the time I arrived in Canada and my acceptance, I did some short courses to sharpen my skills in data analysis. Fast forward to February 2020, I did some certifications exams in my area of specialization and got a good job few months after.
Bro, Im very much interested about the short courses , can you high light and guide me which short courses will do for a good job ? I am talking computer related short courses

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Bro, Im very much interested about the short courses , can you high light and guide me which short courses will do for a good job ? I am talking computer related short courses
if you live in Montréal, you can check MIIT (Montréal Institute of Information Technology). You can also browse the internet for IT courses, trainings and certification in Canada.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
if you live in Montréal, you can check MIIT (Montréal Institute of Information Technology). You can also browse the internet for IT courses, trainings and certification in Canada.
I m in Ontario and doing paralegal because I hv realized there is no any other option available for me except to study again

Last edited:

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I have an IT related background. While awaiting my hearing, I did self funded online trainings in BA and Scrum Master. I am sure there are Canadian recognized certifications online that are related to your field.

Reactions: YVR123 and Norijal

Kloe6766

Dec 7, 2021
Refugee Claimant, Submitted claim August 2019 hearing Schedule for March 20th, 2022. I have a Masters from a third world country and Ive been employed as a General Manager since October 2019. I did not do any studies in Canada but it was very difficult landing a sensible job. 2022 Is the first time I got a General Manager job over 80K everything else was around 60K, I hope that helped.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Refugee Claimant, Submitted claim August 2019 hearing Schedule for March 20th, 2022. I have a Masters from a third world country and Ive been employed as a General Manager since October 2019. I did not do any studies in Canada but it was very difficult landing a sensible job. 2022 Is the first time I got a General Manager job over 80K everything else was around 60K, I hope that helped.
Best of luck for ur hearing and what about your current job ? Is it as per ur experience and studies ?