+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Acceptance

Amys11

Dec 30, 2017
Thanks I am accepted
oh my god man so sad sorry about that I pry for you too they should call you in these days beware and be ready for hearing ... it's better to call your lawyer and follow up what happened or any news and ask him to call RDB to get news about your hearing date
are you single or you have wife or children back home?
I don't know why at the first time when we apply they give us an exact date, and I don't know why after that they will postpone some of us , I am sure they will read all claims and they will sort and ordering them, which one easy or simpler to go will be fixed in that time and they are not going to modify that.

update us here and give us hope
we are same as you brother

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Dear people by the grace of Allah Almighty I am accepted at my hearing everything was so smooth these love and respect for Canada and Canadians they have big heart to accommodate the people in need. They are organized nation and I am satisfied for the process and everything
Share hearing please to help others which kind of questions judge asked from you?
Tell as much as possible

Reactions: Spearman123

PANKY672

Apr 22, 2018
hi , i m in Manitoba province as a visitor and want to do refugee claims for me as well as my family (MY parents & wife ), they are in India now . m and my family facing threat by my elder brother and his in-laws . in fact a case is under senior citizen is already in Indian session court from 2016 and still pending for decision and will will take 4-5 years more to get it . me and my family fad up from this . please suggest me, should i go for refugee claim?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can expect wait about 2 years with the current backlog before you get an immigration hearing to determine if your claim is valid or not. And it is unlikely they will include your parents in your claim, as they are not considered members of your family. Your parents would need to claim refugee status on their own. While all factors are considered in a refugee claim, I suspect that family disputes are not a genuine reason (neither is being fed up with the legal process in India) and it will result in a negative finding.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi , i m in Manitoba province as a visitor and want to do refugee claims for me as well as my family (MY parents & wife ), they are in India now . m and my family facing threat by my elder brother and his in-laws . in fact a case is under senior citizen is already in Indian session court from 2016 and still pending for decision and will will take 4-5 years more to get it . me and my family fad up from this . please suggest me, should i go for refugee claim?
You cannot include your parents in the refugee application. They are not classified as dependents.

As explained above, you can expect the processing of your refugee application to take 2 years. Based on the information provided, I'm not sure you meet the requirements of the refugee program and there's certainly a chance you may wait for a few years only to be refused. Note that your wife will not be able to come to Canada while waiting for a decision in the refugee application. So if you want to apply as a refugee, you have to be prepared to be separated from her for a few years.

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
You can expect wait about 2 years with the current backlog before you get an immigration hearing to determine if your claim is valid or not. And it is unlikely they will include your parents in your claim, as they are not considered members of your family. Your parents would need to claim refugee status on their own. While all factors are considered in a refugee claim, I suspect that family disputes are not a genuine reason (neither is being fed up with the legal process in India) and it will result in a negative finding.
Hi. What is the source of information that it takes 2 years until hearing?

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
You cannot include your parents in the refugee application. They are not classified as dependents.

As explained above, you can expect the processing of your refugee application to take 2 years. Based on the information provided, I'm not sure you meet the requirements of the refugee program and there's certainly a chance you may wait for a few years only to be refused. Note that your wife will not be able to come to Canada while waiting for a decision in the refugee application. So if you want to apply as a refugee, you have to be prepared to be separated from her for a few years.

Hi. What is the source of information that it takes 2 years until hearing?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  • As of February 1, 2018, the projected wait time for claims for refugee protection before the IRB is approximately 20 months.
https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/news/2018/Pages/hearing-schedule.aspx

Wait times since February have increased with the increase of border crossing claims over the summer. With 60000+ claimants and an estimated capacity of 2100 processed a month, that works out to about 28 months, give or take. If you applied today, you would get a result sometime around January 2021 +/- a few months.

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/news/2018/Pages/hearing-schedule.aspx

Wait times since February have increased with the increase of border crossing claims over the summer. With 60000+ claimants and an estimated capacity of 2100 processed a month, that works out to about 28 months, give or take. If you applied today, you would get a result sometime around January 2021 +/- a few months.
Thanks for the reply. And what do you think about this? Can they really solve this problem?
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/immigration-minister-confident-asylum-claim-backlog-will-be-resolved-1.4241026

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That’s a big “?” He hasn’t committed to anything, saying he’ll wait for proposals from the board first. And regardless, there is still a backlog that has to be cleared. It might improve, but they are working from a disadvantaged position. I wouldn’t expect a sudden change in a few months....it will take years...it’s government and their reputation for customer service isn’t stellar.
And this doesn’t address any changes that may occur after a federal election this year. A wholesale change in immigration and refugee policy might be in the works if you end up with a conservative government. The whole refugee topic is a significant sore spot with Canadians (regardless of your point of view) right now and depending on the voters sentiment (and the political bonus points it may bring), a new government may end up shaping immigration reform to something similar to what you are seeing in the US (as unpleasant as that is).

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
That’s a big “?” He hasn’t committed to anything, saying he’ll wait for proposals from the board first. And regardless, there is still a backlog that has to be cleared. It might improve, but they are working from a disadvantaged position. I wouldn’t expect a sudden change in a few months....it will take years...it’s government and their reputation for customer service isn’t stellar.
And this doesn’t address any changes that may occur after a federal election this year. A wholesale change in immigration and refugee policy might be in the works if you end up with a conservative government. The whole refugee topic is a significant sore spot with Canadians (regardless of your point of view) right now and depending on the voters sentiment (and the political bonus points it may bring), a new government may end up shaping immigration reform to something similar to what you are seeing in the US (as unpleasant as that is).
And what would happen with this 64000 cases if there comes a new conservative government?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Impossible to say unfortunately. Ontario has essentially voted in the Canadian version of Donald trump and with it, the fundamentalist attitude that goes with it. You’re seeing those movements in western countries that are questioning their compliance with UN conventions, and they are gaining significant ground. A conservative government in Canada (and I really wouldn’t call them real conservatives....they’re just to right wing for that title) could change the entire political landscape of Canada with a majority government. Laws can be changed and treaties and conventions withdraw from. If done correctly, a well written law, and withdrawal from certain treaties could leave a refugee with no legal recourse in Canada. Problem is most people don’t take the time to look beyond the next year and the ramification things like this have in future generations. Politically, it’s a turbulent time in Canada and I don’t see it improving a lot short term.