+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Acceptance

Jexter

Jan 29, 2018
Hi, Everyone I was verbally accepted at my hearing 2 weeks ago, but here's the summary of it all, I moved to Montreal,QC in September 2017, my hearing was January 2018, My hearing took place in Toronto, I'm just trying to have an idea of how long would it take for me to get my Notice of Decision, being that I currently live in Montreal, QC any ideas?..........

Also How long did your Notice of Decision, Acceptance letter take to come? I'm really curious to know the timeline for others here.

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: imissmylove

Amys11

Dec 30, 2017
Hi all
I have my hearing approaching in 3 days but I didn’t get any letter just my lawyer told me that I have hearing on this date anyone had info about it??

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You should probably ask your lawyer what it means. And please don’t duplicate questions in multiple posts.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Have you had an refugee hearing yet? Have you been recognized as a refugee yet? Did you apply as a refugee in Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So this will probably be the hearing. If you have copies of your paperwork you should review what you said on your basis of claim and any new information you might have. And if your lawyer hasn’t prepared you for this, make sure you express your displeasure with him.

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Sep 2016 applied and nov. 2016 was hearing date that was postponed
oh my god man so sad sorry about that I pry for you too they should call you in these days beware and be ready for hearing ... it's better to call your lawyer and follow up what happened or any news and ask him to call RDB to get news about your hearing date
are you single or you have wife or children back home?
I don't know why at the first time when we apply they give us an exact date, and I don't know why after that they will postpone some of us , I am sure they will read all claims and they will sort and ordering them, which one easy or simpler to go will be fixed in that time and they are not going to modify that.

update us here and give us hope
we are same as you brother

Last edited:
Reactions: Amys11

Amys11

Dec 30, 2017
oh my god man so sad sorry about that I pry for you too they should call you in these days beware and be ready for hearing ... it's better to call your lawyer and follow up what happened or any news and ask him to call RDB to get news about your hearing date
are you single or you have wife or children back home?
I don't know why at the first time when we apply they give us an exact date, and I don't know why after that they will postpone some of us , I am sure they will read all claims and they will sort and ordering them, which one easy or simpler to go will be fixed in that time and they are not going to modify that.

update us here and give us hope
we are same as you brother
Dear people by the grace of Allah Almighty I am accepted at my hearing everything was so smooth these love and respect for Canada and Canadians they have big heart to accommodate the people in need. They are organized nation and I am satisfied for the process and everything