+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee’s situation thru the COVID-19

Sep 1, 2020
Hi there!

I just wandering if there’s someone who made a claimant at the airport/land port since the covid 19 breakout?
Do you have any ideas how should we achieve it?

I got my eTA today, but honestly i just can’t understand what is the situation now.
Do we need another approval to travel and make a claimant ooooor any webforms to get more information? what’s going on?!

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there!

I just wandering if there’s someone who made a claimant at the airport/land port since the covid 19 breakout?
Do you have any ideas how should we achieve it?

I got my eTA today, but honestly i just can’t understand what is the situation now.
Do we need another approval to travel and make a claimant ooooor any webforms to get more information? what’s going on?!

Thanks!
Yes, you may need additional approval to travel (as well as the eTA). Canada has travel restrictions in place due to COVID-19.

Do you have any family members in Canada? If so, who are they (what relation to you) and what is their status in Canada. This will determine if you can travel right now and what authorization you may need in order to be allowed to board the plane.

Sep 1, 2020
Yes, you may need additional approval to travel (as well as the eTA). Canada has travel restrictions in place due to COVID-19.

Do you have any family members in Canada? If so, who are they (what relation to you) and what is their status in Canada. This will determine if you can travel right now and what authorization you may need in order to be allowed to board the plane.

Hi!
Thanks for your answer, certainly i don’t have... :( only friends (actually one of them had a surgery..)
but that’s not the main reason why i would travel..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!
Thanks for your answer, certainly i don’t have... :( only friends (actually one of them had a surgery..)
but that’s not the main reason why i would travel..
In that case you cannot travel to Canada at this time. You will need to wait until travel restrictions have been lifted.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
i didn’t
That’s why you got your ETA. If you had said your intention is to claim asylum , of course your ETA would have been refused.
While you’re waiting , probably a good idea to do a bit of research on what claiming asylum requires, entails, length of time and what are the long term repercussions if you’re refused

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwertypod