+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refuge Travel Document and USA Visit Visa

SSohail

Aug 1, 2015
Hi

I need help. My sister has travel document and she needs to travel to USA. Did anyone got US visit visa on travel document? If yes, how? where to apply? what documents are required? did you have any issue traveling to US? How long does it take to get visit visa? any other suggestion?

* She had visit visa for USA on her original passport. she does not have possession for that passport anymore. Can she still get another visa on her travel document? or is that old visa still valid on her passport if she gets that back sometime soon?

Regards

Sohail

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She will need to apply for a new US visitor visa. She can find the instructions here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html

If you want further details on how to apply, you should ask these questions on a US immigration forum.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
SSohail said:
Hi

I need help. My sister has travel document and she needs to travel to USA. Did anyone got US visit visa on travel document? If yes, how? where to apply? what documents are required? did you have any issue traveling to US? How long does it take to get visit visa? any other suggestion?

* She had visit visa for USA on her original passport. she does not have possession for that passport anymore. Can she still get another visa on her travel document? or is that old visa still valid on her passport if she gets that back sometime soon?

Regards

Sohail
Generally there shouldn't be any problem in getting us visa on a refugee travel document. I got mine recently and I also know few others who successfully got us visa on refugee travel document. I also had a valid us visa on my home passport which is not in my possession. So your sister can get a new us visa on her refugee travel document.

To apply for a us visa is quite simple and easy just go to your local us embassy website and follow the directions stated. You have to fill the application form online, pay the fee, book an appointment online and that's it.

Hope it helps

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kornet said:
When someone has a travel document is he issued a 10 years US visa?
It's up to the US how long the visa is issued for.

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Generally there shouldn't be any problem in getting us visa on a refugee travel document. I got mine recently and I also know few others who successfully got us visa on refugee travel document. I also had a valid us visa on my home passport which is not in my possession. So your sister can get a new us visa on her refugee travel document.

To apply for a us visa is quite simple and easy just go to your local us embassy website and follow the directions stated. You have to fill the application form online, pay the fee, book an appointment online and that's it.

Hope it helps
During the time that you were approved for your USA visa on refugee travel document, were you also in possession of Canadian permanent residency as well?