+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refering to old Visitor Visa Info?

ewo

Mar 13, 2012
I am sponsoring my wife for PR and we were wondering if they will refer to previous requests for visitor visas? I am worried that the fact she was denied will work against her

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - they will refer to previous requests for visit visas. On the PR application, there is a question that specifically asks if you have ever been refused a visa to Canada or any other country. She needs to answer this question truthfully and provide the details. If she has one rejection only - this won't be a problem. If she has multiple rejections, this could delay your processing since it may look to CIC like she has been trying very hard to get to Canada and they will want to verify that your relationship is genuine and she is not simply using you as a means of establishing herself in Canada. Multiple rejections will likely cause CIC to look at the application more closely.

ewo

Mar 13, 2012
she was only rejected once but we lied about how we met
it was a dumb thing to do but we were desperate at the time
we are now legitimately married and we are working on the immigration process together but we are worried this will come back to haunt us
please help...

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
I think we need more details in order to help you. One refusal for a visitor visa on its own doesn't raise any red flags, but if you lied in the application for the visitor visa, CIC may question the discrepancy.

ewo

Mar 13, 2012
what it was is that we lied on how we met:
the truth is we met by chance and hit it off
the lie is that we used email correspondence to show a relationship before this meeting

The reason she was denied was that the CIC felt she did not have enough family ties to her home country to return

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
I read on the Immigration page and visitor page where it says it doesn't matter how many times you apply for a VISA. The thing is you must make it clear and simple that this person will be returning to their Country!

And when I read your post again well boy oh boy you are putting yourself in Trouble to start LIEING about how you met.

Its This Thing Truth Above Everything.

If you start LIEING you put yourself in Trouble from the Get GO!

So You Are Better TO Tell The Truth From The Beginning!

ewo

Mar 13, 2012
agreed
the visa application was denied because they felt she would not return back to her country

but now we are married and I am sponsoring her
is there anyway of explaining our mistake or just be truthful in this application?

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
You will need a compelling reason as to why you lied about it on the visitor visa application. If you have a good reason, it's best to tell CIC up front in your application to sponsor because they will not take kindly if they catch you in the lie.

I don't see a reason why you thought you had to lie about how you met (What's wrong with a chance meeting?), so you have your work cut out for you.

ewo

Mar 13, 2012
don't know why we did it
call it stupidity
hwo abouts would we go present this to the CIC? just in a seperate email explaining what had happened?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
The original refusal was "not enough ties" so whats that gotta do with your PR app? where you would normally write that you were refused due to "lack of ties", you worried that will open up that saved APP and see how you met? Long shot IMO

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I believe in being truthful throughout the entire imm process and I agree with previous posters that lying puts you in line for bigger and bigger problems. However, I am not sure how much trouble your present lie would put you in. As User828 noted, the reason for refusal was ties to home country, not questioning the relationahip you shared. You might actually have shot yourself in your own foot by emphasizing the strength of your relationship ties in the first place. Keep accurate documentation of your entire relationship in case you are required to provide it at a later stage and make sure your application is honest in every detail.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Posters in the past have been questioned by CIC as to why they referred to their significant other as a friend in the TRV application, so sometimes CIC will look at the previous application. The sponsorship app asks when the two people entered into a relationship, so on the off chance the office does indeed look, they may question the discrepancy (The TRV says they met earlier, but PR app says they met at a later date - which one is true?). It sounds like a small lie but you never know what will put a stick up CIC's butt.

For some reason my head made me think you told CIC you were in a relationship with your girlfriend for a long time when you applied for the TRV (years before you actually met). i don't know how I inferred that. If CIC asks, provide them with a compelling reason for the discrepancy. Make sure your other proof of relationship is airtight.