+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letters

shsrin

Jul 2, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I recently got the ITA and we are in the process of getting the reference letters. Both of us recently shifted companies and the details about the new company have been filled in the Express Entry application. She is with the company for a little more than 3 months and I am there for 2 months. Since we could not have possibly worked on a lot of stuff, is it required to get a formal letter from the company? Could we submit a self attested covering letter explaining the same? The letter can not contain a lot of points and I am doubting if the employer would consider giving one for such a short ongoing stint.

Any thoughts and suggestion on this would be of great help!

Thank you guys for your time and help. Appreciate it!

Cheers!!

diliprath

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-02-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2018
File Transfer...
08-02-2018
Med's Done....
20-02-2018
Passport Req..
16-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2018
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I recently got the ITA and we are in the process of getting the reference letters. Both of us recently shifted companies and the details about the new company have been filled in the Express Entry application. She is with the company for a little more than 3 months and I am there for 2 months. Since we could not have possibly worked on a lot of stuff, is it required to get a formal letter from the company? Could we submit a self attested covering letter explaining the same? The letter can not contain a lot of points and I am doubting if the employer would consider giving one for such a short ongoing stint.

Any thoughts and suggestion on this would be of great help!

Thank you guys for your time and help. Appreciate it!

Cheers!!
Get the reference letter from previous organisations with detailed Roles and Responsibilities matching your choice of NOC. For the current company, get a letter to prove only your employment status with them. Most companies have automated system of downloading such letters in company head which only states your date of joining and designation. That should also work. One of my friends who recently got his PR approved had his latest company provide just a simple letter with basic employment details. Most companies should not have problem in this basic letter as its required for many other purposes.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The above is a waste of time and effort.

If that work experience does not have any effect on your CRS or eligibility then only mention it in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required.

shsrin

Jul 2, 2017
Thank you very much for the suggestions.

@DelPiero07 - It does not have an effect in the CRS but both the recent work organizations are mentioned in the Express Entry application and so it comes under the Work History section of the PR application. In this case, I was thinking that it is better to submit proof rather than not mentioning it.

As suggested above by @diliprath - isn't it better to get the employment status and also a covering letter explaining the same?

Thank you!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for the suggestions.

@DelPiero07 - It does not have an effect in the CRS but both the recent work organizations are mentioned in the Express Entry application and so it comes under the Work History section of the PR application. In this case, I was thinking that it is better to submit proof rather than not mentioning it.

As suggested above by @diliprath - isn't it better to get the employment status and also a covering letter explaining the same?

Thank you!!!
You are free to do whatever you think it's best, unfortunately people that aren't familiar with how an application gets assessed tend to provide documents that are irrelevant.