+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter

shradha nigam

Jul 12, 2018
The institutions i used to work for have closed down. I only have the appointment letter, no salary slip (as i used to get it by a bank cheque) and no relieving letter. How can i prove my experience as i will not be able to get a reference letter .Will an affidavit from a notary be sufficient (i am from India)?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You will need to track down your previous supervisors and/or work colleagues and have them produce signed affidavits about your work history and job duties/responsibilities. The signature on the letters needs to be notarized and the letters must have varying content/detail. You will need at least two but the more the better.

NavKaur02

Apr 5, 2018
You will need to track down your previous supervisors and/or work colleagues and have them produce signed affidavits about your work history and job duties/responsibilities. The signature on the letters needs to be notarized and the letters must have varying content/detail. You will need at least two but the more the better.
I have one question..for each colleague you need one seperate letter or one letter need to be used for everyone's signature.

Please respond it will be big help

NavKaur02

Apr 5, 2018
T
Yes, and the content of the letters must not appear to have been copied from either.
hank you very much for clarification.
For my current company I will ask my supervisor to send me work reference letter through company email id having his signature and contact info, company id card and then mention it in affidavit for current company. and for first company ii will get a work reference letter from a colleague in same format but roles will be different and it will too have her signature and contact info and with her company id card copy.

So one from each company will suffice the purpose or not?
Sorry to bother you with so many queries. This is the last one.

Thanks
Navdeep

Nita Ogechi

Oct 6, 2018
Am sure you have some of your colleague's contact, so contact them and they will help you get a reference letter.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
T

hank you very much for clarification.
For my current company I will ask my supervisor to send me work reference letter through company email id having his signature and contact info, company id card and then mention it in affidavit for current company. and for first company ii will get a work reference letter from a colleague in same format but roles will be different and it will too have her signature and contact info and with her company id card copy.

So one from each company will suffice the purpose or not?
Sorry to bother you with so many queries. This is the last one.

Thanks
Navdeep
No need to provide company IDs.

For your current company it appears that you can get a standard reference letter, so you are fine on that one.

For your previous company it appears that you can no longer get a standard reference letter, so you would need to provide signed affidavits from at least two colleagues or your previous supervisor, plus whatever you can get from the previous company to prove your work experience. It is a personal letter, not a company letter. The attestation has to be made in front of a lawyer or a notary who will verify their identity if you don't know what a signed affidavit is you can look it up.

Dranwarul

Nov 25, 2017
if anyone's salary is paid in cash,is it mandatory to include pay stub or salary slip with work reference letter?i

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You are not required to provide pay stubs or salary slips for direct EE, however most PNPs ask for that. In principle, it is okay if you were paid in cash although it will inevitably invite more scrutiny to your application if this was known.

Dranwarul

Nov 25, 2017
You are not required to provide pay stubs or salary slips for direct EE, however most PNPs ask for that. In principle, it is okay if you were paid in cash although it will inevitably invite more scrutiny to your application if this was known.
thanks a lot

Mystiquee

Mar 15, 2018
I'm also in the same shoes. I was paid in cash and I no longer work for the company. I, however, have a few payslips. I'm worried it might not be enough to prove my work experience and at what point do I indicate that I was paid in cash?
I will appreciate your advice.