+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter

Aug 11, 2017
Is it mandatory to have references letter on company letter head or else can i use my managers personal letter head

Please help me

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Is it mandatory to have references letter on company letter head or else can i use my managers personal letter head

Please help me
You need it to be on Company letterhead - this is to help authenticate the letter. If you use your manager's 'personal' letter head, then all they have is 'the word of your manager' which isn't enough. I suppose you could try to attach your manager's business card to show that he works at he Company, but, really, Company letterhead is ideal. You don't want to give IRCC a reason to question the authenticity of your work experience proof...

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
What crescent_jam has said.
Getting a personal letterhead should be your last resort. If you have to go with that you should probably get it notarized but there's no guarantee IRCC would accept that.

iJas

Feb 27, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0122, 6235,6211
Hey Helpies!! I need your help here.

My immediate manager is ready to sign my reference letter. I have mentioned all my Roles and responsibilities as per NOC codes and not as per designation.
i have been into three different roles in my organisation and all have different NOC codes.
I'm capturing my roles and responsibilities in one letter.

My query
1. Can manager sign reference letter or HR will do that?
2. Can i mention different NOC codes and claim points?
3. While mentioning different NOC in work history in EE profile, Can i use one letter for 3 NOCs?

Your immediate responses clarifying the above points will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jas

Dec 27, 2017
Hello All,
I am from India and have got ITA in the last draw.
My previous organization does not provide reference letters so I discussed with my PR consultant who mentioned to take the same on a stamp paper with supervisor.
My supervisor is ready to provide the same however he is no longer working with the organization. It has been 4 years that I left my last organization and all my managers have already left the organization and joined other organizations
What should I do. Kindly help with suggestions.

Thanks,
Lovely

Aug 11, 2017
Hello All,
I am from India and have got ITA in the last draw.
My previous organization does not provide reference letters so I discussed with my PR consultant who mentioned to take the same on a stamp paper with supervisor.
My supervisor is ready to provide the same however he is no longer working with the organization. It has been 4 years that I left my last organization and all my managers have already left the organization and joined other organizations
What should I do. Kindly help with suggestions.

Thanks,
Lovely
Hi
My situation was no difference. What you can do is get the reference letter from your resigned supervisor with a date before his resignation. Also when you submit your profile add an explanation letter stating your situation about your supervisor resignation.

bhanu23287

Aug 13, 2018
Chandigarh, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
Can someone guide on following query:
I have got ITA, my total experience is 9 years (in 3 companies) and i have got reference letter form 2 employers with whom i have worked for last 7.5 years (both put together). However, i am not able to get reference letter from my first employer with whom i worked for 1.5 years (in 2009-10). Though, i have other documents like Appointment letter, Pay stubs, Experience letter & account statement (displaying salary credit).
Are these documents enough or do i need to do something additional?

Thanks in advance.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi
Can someone guide on following query:
I have got ITA, my total experience is 9 years (in 3 companies) and i have got reference letter form 2 employers with whom i have worked for last 7.5 years (both put together). However, i am not able to get reference letter from my first employer with whom i worked for 1.5 years (in 2009-10). Though, i have other documents like Appointment letter, Pay stubs, Experience letter & account statement (displaying salary credit).
Are these documents enough or do i need to do something additional?

Thanks in advance.
Do you even need that experience to claim points? Why the added paperwork? Without it you re at more than 6 for eligiblity and more than 3 years for max CRS

bhanu23287

Aug 13, 2018
Chandigarh, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Hamgha
I added this experience when I made EE profile. Later on, after ITA, I approached the company and couldn't get the reference letter.
Can I remove this experience now while filling PR. (This is already on records in EE profile).

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hi Hamgha
I added this experience when I made EE profile. Later on, after ITA, I approached the company and couldn't get the reference letter.
Can I remove this experience now while filling PR. (This is already on records in EE profile).
yes you can remove those experiences for which you're unable to get a reference letter anymore and put them under your personal history section.

Reactions: hamgha

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
My 2 previous companies have denied a reference letter . Company A has provided a document with their letterhead stating that they do not provide any documents to an ex-employee and company B has provided a reference letter but in a different format.

In both companies, I have a few ex-colleagues who are ready to help and provide their signature and business card on a notarized reference letter. Is there any chance of denial in this case since I do not have a reference letter of company A on letter heard and Company b's reference letter is not in any IRCC format?

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi guys,

I have couple of questions related to the reference letter. I worked for one company prior to where I'm currently working. Can you guys please advice me on my below couple of queries.
  • My previous company is providing me a reference letter with Letter head and Signed. And date in the document is written below the sign and contact details are printed on the right top of the page. Will this be an issue.
  • In my current company, I have request the HR to provide the letter. They have provide on a Letter head but the responsibilities they have mentioned are generic to my designation. For this purpose I have requested my current manager to send an email to me using our official email to provide me with the roles and responsibilities. Which he did with a Signature in the email which has the Company logo. His details are present in the Signature as well. And since the email has a Date Time stamp, he didn't include date in the content of the email. Can you guys let me know if i can submit the above two, letter from HR and email from manager as reference letters.
Please help me with the above two and advice me if anything else is required.

raghu19

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have got the reference letters from all my previous employers and all that experience adds upto 3 years.
One of the companies did not provide a good 'roles and responsibilities' in detail i.e., they just have given a one-liner. So I have got a reference letter from my colleague as supporting document stating my roles and resp in detail. I am also attaching his ID Card. Hope this is fine..

Second issue:
Two of the employers have mentioned all the details except Salary details in the reference letter. I heard that I need to submit an affidavit and provide salary slips as supporting docs. Does any of you have the affidavit format? Or is it just ok if I write it in LoE?

Thanks in Advance.