+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter signed by manager who has left the company

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all, in my EE profile I included a work experience (from 3yr)ago and my previous manager has agreed to sign the letter. However he has also left the company recently.
In my reference letter he put his company email. I can include payroll slip for additional evidence.
Does anyone have that issue but successfully received approval for ITA? Just wonder how often IRCC calls/emails for due diligence.

Thank you so much!

HardikV

Jul 6, 2020
Hi all, in my EE profile I included a work experience (from 3yr)ago and my previous manager has agreed to sign the letter. However he has also left the company recently.
In my reference letter he put his company email. I can include payroll slip for additional evidence.
Does anyone have that issue but successfully received approval for ITA? Just wonder how often IRCC calls/emails for due diligence.

Thank you so much!
No issues. Officers are very understanding about such situations, provided you give explanation for the same.

You can attach a LOE explaining the situation and also how manager is still available on call or email, in case any verification is required.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hi, @jchen2020 did your manager sign the letter after he left the company? So both of you were not working in the company when you obtained the letter? Did your letter have your company's letterhead? If not, did you notarize the letter or is it just plain paper? How did your application go, is it accepted by IRCC?
Thanks!

ramiz11

Star Member
May 28, 2018
A question, if someone got the reference letter (stating all the relevant information such as roles and responsibilities, salary information, job time period etc) from their HR manager 2 years back and all the other supporting documents are also available to prove such as payslips, bank statement of that time, job offer, contract, increment letter, company ID card and job leaving certificate, but that HR manager has left that job a year ago, will it be a problem?