+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter query

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
hi

do we need one reference letter per job or multiple reference letters for each designation ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cjs said:
hi

do we need one reference letter per job or multiple reference letters for each designation ?
For every company, you can get a single letter which has designations mentioned in it and along with duties and responsibilities for each (in addition to other reference letter requirements - number of hours, pay, full time/part-time, permanent/contract etc).

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
my experience letter is provided by my company HR and roles responsibilities letter by my manager. but it is not for each designation. it's context is I am working as xxxxxxxxx under his supervision and my roles and responsibilities are :

will this be fine ?

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
I was in same boat. When we enter work history, we have to specify each position and each country. In my case I had 4 job titles due to promotions and I traveled back and forth between India so ended up with 12 entries. What my employer did was that they put in a table listing all job titles, start date , end date, salary, hrs/per week and role performed.

Job titles were cosmetic so after the table, they mentioned the job duties for each of the roles performed (and I had only two roles).

See if this makes sense for you...

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
for designation changes and salary I have shown promotion letters and increment letters. pay slips are also provided.
I did not fill different designations in form as I worked with single company only. and my HR said that they ll provide only experience letter, and for roles and responsibilities they directed the request to my manager. and my manager wrote it like I am working under his supervision as xxxxx and my roles and responsibilities are :

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cjs said:
my experience letter is provided by my company HR and roles responsibilities letter by my manager. but it is not for each designation. it's context is I am working as xxxxxxxxx under his supervision and my roles and responsibilities are :

will this be fine ?
The experience letter and the letter from your manager together should have the information mentioned in the sample format below (in some form or the other)

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
thanks stanlee. it is quiet same as format provided by you. my only concern was if letter roles and responsibilities should be separately mentioned for each designation held or those can be provided for one job instead of each designation

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
what CIC is looking for is whether you have the required number of years of experience in the NOC you have selected. Hence, they specifically mentioned to have job duties mentioned for each position. Try to get a revised letter from manager. If that is not possible, and if your job duties were same (or similar) throughout the employment may be you can add in LOE that your job duties were same irrespective of the promotions and hence the manager has put everything under single letter. Also, refer to the other threads related to Reference letter. This topic is already discussed in detail on other threads so may be you can find more options.

Good luck...

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
thanks dallasboy, from discussion, i ll go with whatever I have provided. format seems okay. only thing is it is not for each designation . it is kind of for all my experience for that job. I think it ll be understandable to VO. I have added loe too mentioning it is for all designations

Marquise2016

Mar 11, 2016
hello, i've got a quick question: in the online application form it is mentioned that I have to create a separate document for each of my jobs. So I have to submit a different letter from each job (even though they are in the same company) or it is ok to submit the same one which mentions the whole list of jobs?

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
Yes. It should be ok. That's what I have done. The only thing which was different is the payslips I attached. I attached payslips for that specific date range only. Also, if you have the appointment letter and relieving letter, add it to each of these. You can use some software to merge all letters/pdf files. Finally, mention it in the LOE as well.

PS: My application is yet to be approved, but I am sharing all this from the research I had done for my case. Also search through the other threads on reference letters (I know they have some many pages so you have to show some patience while you read through but its worth. You will for sure know what to do and if not, if you at least get to know what not to do.

Good Luck..