+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter not on letterhead

happycamper03

Feb 21, 2014
My boss gave me a reference letter that is not on a company letterhead. His digital signature (on the reference letter) does have the company logo on it.

Only HR can give out reference letters with the company letterhead and HR does not deal with job descriptions, and are not going to give me a letter with my job duties listed on it.

Is the letter from the boss enough? My boss does not have business cards either

Thanks for reading

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
happycamper03 said:
My boss gave me a reference letter that is not on a company letterhead. His digital signature (on the reference letter) does have the company logo on it.

Only HR can give out reference letters with the company letterhead and HR does not deal with job descriptions, and are not going to give me a letter with my job duties listed on it.

Is the letter from the boss enough? My boss does not have business cards either

Thanks for reading
Does the letter meet all the other requirements listed on the checklist? If yes, then get a formal letterhead letter without duties from HR, get your boss's business card and put all three together with the duties letter on top.

ddoobi11

Star Member
Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Med's Done....
Medical, RPRF upfront 28-Mar-2016
Is the business card really important?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
ddoobi11 said:
Is the business card really important?
It is another piece of supporting document and at least when I applied it was explicitly listed on the checklist. In this situation where the official letterhead is missing, it is even more important.

atuls1317

Star Member
Jun 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 September 2013
AOR Received.
5 November 2013
Med's Request
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
05 June 2014
Try getting reference letter from HR as well and request him to add few sentences that refer to the letter given by your boss for the job description. For example " please refer to ___________ for further information on duties and responsibilities "... Or Job description can be found at the other letter. The letter head is important also your boss doesn't have business card. So I guess above is the best thing to do , I saw a post by some one saying his case was rejected for the same reason!