+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter Issue

Devdutta Mohokar

Nov 30, 2019
Hi,
My earlier work employer is refusing to hand out letter of reference.
Does it make sense to upload the contract letter for it with required letter of explanation?
What other document would suffice the cause?
Also, if any other input/suggestion, please help.

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Provide offer letter/appointment letter with relieving letter, payslips as proof for employment. In the separate LOE provide mails establishing that you tried asking them for Reference letters but they refused/ no contact from their side.

Devdutta Mohokar

Nov 30, 2019
Have got the couple of reference letters which might not exactly be to the Canada IRCC format (if there is any). It doesn't mention the salary as well, if it is required to be mentioned, on reference letter. However, I don't have relieving letter from either of the company but do have salary slip which i can attach.
What can you suggest, are these good enough?

Last edited:

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,
My earlier work employer is refusing to hand out letter of reference.
Does it make sense to upload the contract letter for it with required letter of explanation?
What other document would suffice the cause?
Also, if any other input/suggestion, please help.
I think that if you cant provide the reference
letter you need to find out all the available means, as stated already, to prove your employment.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for answering my query. I worked in a company which was closed after i left due to many reasons. Below are the facts for this employment period:
  • No salary slips provided.
  • Salary delays were normal and partial payments were trend.
  • No experience letter was provided even after multiple requests.
  • No income tax applicable here in UAE so no receipts.
  • A very few bank statements available but showing partial payments and delayed too.
  • Employer deliberately mentioned only basic salary in the ministry contract with non-NOC designation.
  • No contract copy was provided or joining letter.

How to prove work experience in this case ?

I was only able to get a reference letter from my ex-manager (who of-course) also is not in this company on a plain-paper without company letterhead or stamp. Also I was able to get employment certificate from ministry of labour UAE but it shows basic salary and different designation.
I know my case is quite complex. Please if someone can assist if above 2 documents will this be acceptable for SINP PNP or IRCC?