+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter - HR manager left

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi all

A couple of months ago I went through the awkward process of getting a reference letter for my current employer. I managed to obtain it on a confidential basis but it was a bit of a struggle.

Now I am about to submit my eAPR but the HR manager who signed the letter has left and a new HR manager has just started. Will the letter I obtained a couple of months ago still be valid? My fear is that they try to confirm my experience with the person who wrote the letter only to be told "she doesn't work here anymore".

I will obtain a new letter if I need to but I'd really rather not.

Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi all

A couple of months ago I went through the awkward process of getting a reference letter for my current employer. I managed to obtain it on a confidential basis but it was a bit of a struggle.

Now I am about to submit my eAPR but the HR manager who signed the letter has left and a new HR manager has just started. Will the letter I obtained a couple of months ago still be valid? My fear is that they try to confirm my experience with the person who wrote the letter only to be told "she doesn't work here anymore".

I will obtain a new letter if I need to but I'd really rather not.

Thanks
It is valid. "She doesn't work anymore" statement itself confirms that "She" was working with the company and was responsible person who can write a letter. Her resignation doesn't nullify her position in the company when she wrote the letter.

Reactions: bairn7