+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter help

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have some concerns regarding my following reference letter

This letter is to verify that xxxxxxi is an employee with xxxxxxx,

as a Consultant and has been with the company since 05/24/2016.

In this role xxxxxxxxxx routinely performs the following duties and responsibilities:

 Answers phones and responds to customer requests

 Provide customer with product and service information

 Identify, research and resolve technical customer issues as trained

 Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve basic to advanced technical concerns

 Document customer notes, reports and logs

 Meet client contractual goals and metric with regards to providing the customer excellent

service

 Other duties as assigned by management

As a full-time employee, xxxxxxxxx is expected to work 35-44 hours per week at an hourly

rate of $xxxxxxx which is paid bi-weekly.

Should you require more information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx

Manager, Human Resources

Phone: xxxxxxx

The problem is that they will not provide me with more detailed one neither will they fix the spelling of my name. They said it gets pulled out of the system automatically and the system has character limits so we can not fix it for you. I went to HR manager, the department manager, and I have emails from them indicating it is a system issue and they can not fix it. My middle name is Ali Mohammed but spelled as AliMo on the reference letter. I have all paystubs and everything with the correct spelling but the reference letter does not have it. Do you have any advice for me? Is this a good enough letter for NOC 2282? They are refusing to provide more detailed letter. Your advice is appreciated.

Thank you

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Sounds like your company sucks to be honest.

But if you have that and the emails showing the issue you should be able to add a letter of explanation to the application and it should be fine. They can phone the company to confirm it so you aren't faking anything here.

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Sounds like your company sucks to be honest.

But if you have that and the emails showing the issue you should be able to add a letter of explanation to the application and it should be fine. They can phone the company to confirm it so you aren't faking anything here.
Thank you for your reply :). Yes trust me it sucks big time. But oh well I had to stick with them so I can get the work experience. I have the email from them refusing to fix the issue. Actually I have a letter from the HR manager, issued after 2 months from joining the company with the correct spelling of my name. Singed by the HR manger too. But now, I have no idea what changed, they are being really stubborn. I have her Business card and the Account manager said they can call her if they need calcification. Do you think it is sufficient enough for NOC 2282? I mean I know what I do in this position is exactly what 2282 agents do but in the eyes of the immigration office, it is all about the reference letter you provide.

Jepheke

Jun 13, 2017
I requested for a reference letter from my employer and they are requesting for an address to send it.

Pls I need your kind advice from on how to get my references letter handy

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I requested for a reference letter from my employer and they are requesting for an address to send it.

Pls I need your kind advice from on how to get my references letter handy
Do you mean they are asking whom to address it to? They can address it to " to whom it may concern" or to " Canada Immigration" . It really does not matter at all as long as your reference letter follows CIC requirements

Jepheke

Jun 13, 2017
Do you mean they are asking whom to address it to? They can address it to " to whom it may concern" or to " Canada Immigration" . It really does not matter at all as long as your reference letter follows CIC requirements

Thanks for your prompt reply, what are the requirements?

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Thanks for your prompt reply, what are the requirements?
a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

smanalik

Mar 21, 2017
If you have a different name in reference letter, or your name spelled in a different way. You can explain it in a letter of explanation, and also get an affidavit made for "one and same person" mentioning the reference letter and any other places where there is a different name.
you can also attache the communication you received from your company, refusing to correct the name on reference letter, or the limitation.

Hello Guys,

I have some concerns regarding my following reference letter

This letter is to verify that xxxxxxi is an employee with xxxxxxx,

as a Consultant and has been with the company since 05/24/2016.

In this role xxxxxxxxxx routinely performs the following duties and responsibilities:

 Answers phones and responds to customer requests

 Provide customer with product and service information

 Identify, research and resolve technical customer issues as trained

 Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve basic to advanced technical concerns

 Document customer notes, reports and logs

 Meet client contractual goals and metric with regards to providing the customer excellent

service

 Other duties as assigned by management

As a full-time employee, xxxxxxxxx is expected to work 35-44 hours per week at an hourly

rate of $xxxxxxx which is paid bi-weekly.

Should you require more information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx

Manager, Human Resources

Phone: xxxxxxx

The problem is that they will not provide me with more detailed one neither will they fix the spelling of my name. They said it gets pulled out of the system automatically and the system has character limits so we can not fix it for you. I went to HR manager, the department manager, and I have emails from them indicating it is a system issue and they can not fix it. My middle name is Ali Mohammed but spelled as AliMo on the reference letter. I have all paystubs and everything with the correct spelling but the reference letter does not have it. Do you have any advice for me? Is this a good enough letter for NOC 2282? They are refusing to provide more detailed letter. Your advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Reactions: GavinSouthAfrica

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
If you have a different name in reference letter, or your name spelled in a different way. You can explain it in a letter of explanation, and also get an affidavit made for "one and same person" mentioning the reference letter and any other places where there is a different name.
you can also attache the communication you received from your company, refusing to correct the name on reference letter, or the limitation.

Thank you for your reply. What an affidavit made for "one and same person" and how to I get it?

Jepheke

Jun 13, 2017
Can i answer yes to the below question, If I ve a cousin sister in canada as citizen whoms maiden name is my last name?

10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:
  • 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

• blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)

sunny22

Jun 25, 2017
I have worked a for company twice during my career.Do I need to reference letters from that company or one letter will be sufficient.Also,the company had changed /rebranded its name to new name.should the reference leter mention that comapany's previous name was so and so?

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Can i answer yes to the below question, If I ve a cousin sister in canada as citizen whoms maiden name is my last name?

10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

• 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption

• blood (biological)
  • adoption

• 18 years old or older

• blood (biological)
  • adoption

What do you mean by cousin sister ? you mean a female cousin? if this is what you mean then no you can not answer yes.