+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter help needed..

John Coltrane

Jun 7, 2017
I have collected my employment reference letters from previous employers. It states my date of joining and all other roles and responsibilities but the hours of work and salary is not mentioned. I do have my salary slips and offer letters from these companies. So, are these supporting documents enough or is it mandatory to have it in the reference letter?? Please help.

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
I have collected my employment reference letters from previous employers. It states my date of joining and all other roles and responsibilities but the hours of work and salary is not mentioned. I do have my salary slips and offer letters from these companies. So, are these supporting documents enough or is it mandatory to have it in the reference letter?? Please help.
You can filling the missing information in you reference letter by submitting other documents i.e. salary slips (covering your compensation) and offer letter (usually offer letter mentions working hours). Adding more documents won't harm your application, however, anything missed might lead to rejection. Better avoid any confusion, attached documents (if you have them) supporting your employment and strengthening your profile.

Good luck

Reactions: John Coltrane

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Yes thats fine. As long as you are covering all info needed, you can do that using as many documents as you wish.

John Coltrane

Jun 7, 2017
Yes thats fine. As long as you are covering all info needed, you can do that using as many documents as you wish.
Thanks for the reply..

I was worried because an immigration consultant said to me it is mandatory to have the salary and hours of work in the reference letter. I'm going to submit my documents today with the supporting documents (offer letter and salary slips). What do you think? Is it safe to submit it that way?
Sorry for repeating the question again..