+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter Format

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Dear all,

I'm an ex-employee of TCS and as expected, they've refused to issue me an experience letter containing all the requested information to prove employment. They're willing to provide the skills used, however have officially refused to include information such as number of hours worked, designations etc.

Due to this, I've spoken to a couple of my seniors and they've confirmed their willingness to sign reference letters for me stating the information in their personal capacity.

Is there a ready-made format/template I could use for this purpose?

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GokulGuruprasad said:
Dear all,

I'm an ex-employee of TCS and as expected, they've refused to issue me an experience letter containing all the requested information to prove employment. They're willing to provide the skills used, however have officially refused to include information such as number of hours worked, designations etc.

Due to this, I've spoken to a couple of my seniors and they've confirmed their willingness to sign reference letters for me stating the information in their personal capacity.

I am an ex-employee of TCS. They do issue skill certificate that mentions your last held designation, full time (which I believe proves you worked 40 hrs/week), responsibilities and skills.

You can attach your service certificate, payslips and increment letters. That should suffice.

The other employer I worked with has denied to issue letter. None of the employees are willing to sign a reference letter due to stringent policy. So I drew a 'Solemn Affirmation' affidavit.

This is for OINP and I'm yet to send my application.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hi Narayan,

The problem really is that the skill certificate mentions the experience as "full time" without mentioning the number of hours per week. Hence, I was thinking of taking an affidavit from my PM as well (on a plain paper, and probably getting it notarised) and was looking for a format for the sworn affidavit.

Can you please help me with the solemn affirmation affidavit? Thanks!

Hi Asivad,

Thanks mate!

Dec 27, 2015
We are in same situaton looks so. I am also TCS employee, I have spoken to Project Manager he is ready to sign the affidavit and getting notarized it and submit thats the most we can do. 100 % genuine from our side by keeping on gods grace.

Hows your case ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GokulGuruprasad said:
Hi Narayan,

The problem really is that the skill certificate mentions the experience as "full time" without mentioning the number of hours per week. Hence, I was thinking of taking an affidavit from my PM as well (on a plain paper, and probably getting it notarised) and was looking for a format for the sworn affidavit.

Can you please help me with the solemn affirmation affidavit? Thanks!

Hi Asivad,

Thanks mate!
If it mentions 'full time', you don't need another affidavit for number of working hours.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Rukhsana Hasin said:
We are in same situaton looks so. I am also TCS employee, I have spoken to Project Manager he is ready to sign the affidavit and getting notarized it and submit thats the most we can do. 100 % genuine from our side by keeping on gods grace.

Hows your case ?
Hi Rukhsana,

If the PM is ready to sign an affidavit, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to approve your skill certificate as well. You could try getting him to approve your skill certificate which mentions these details? It would be through corporate.exempverification@tcs.com, but I'm not sure if it is issued for current employees as well. If they don't then an affidavit is the way to go here.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Asivad Anac said:
If it mentions 'full time', you don't need another affidavit for number of working hours.
Wow! That's a relief. Thanks Asivad.

However, I could use the format for my current employer who I can't approach for a skill certificate anyway. I'll get a couple of my current colleagues to sign some sworn affidavits for me.

Dear Narayan,

I've PMed you my email address. Do forward me the format you used for the affidavit.

navreen

Apr 7, 2015
Hi All,

I need a help.I have got document request from OINP in which they demanded
-Proof of hours worked per week at TATA Consultancy
-Proof of work experience at TATA Consultancy –
--Employment contract

In my application I have submitted skill certificate in which it is mentioned that I was full time employee.
and for work experience,service letter show date of joining and date of leaving.

Please guide me what else I can submit as an evidence.

Thanks

please reply

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
At best you can get a notarised affidavit stating the required details in the format that they require from any two colleagues and submit it to them as evidence.

That's what I did for my PR application and it's in process now.

NavKaur02

Apr 5, 2018
At best you can get a notarised affidavit stating the required details in the format that they require from any two colleagues and submit it to them as evidence.

That's what I did for my PR application and it's in process now.
Hello Gokul,

I would really appreciate your help here.
I am on notice and and my last day is 26nov in TCS. I need a reference letter from TCS for PR but HR said they ar enot authorized to give such letters.
Please let me know what all options i Have.
If i need an affidavit with supervisor signature and all. Then only just signature from supervisor on notarized affidavit are enough or anything else is also needed apart from his signature?

Thanks
Navdeep

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Dear all,

Hi Gokul,

So while filing out the express entry form have you put only one row for experience in TCS or multiple rows based on designation/location ?

shilpak2

Dec 3, 2018
My previous organisation has acquired by other organisation and HR is not able to provide me with the reference letter (as everyone in my Business unit has left the company after acquisition). What should I do in this case? What documents do I need to submit as a replacement of reference letter? (as my colleagues/managers are not with the organization for affidavit )

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
My previous organisation has acquired by other organisation and HR is not able to provide me with the reference letter (as everyone in my Business unit has left the company after acquisition). What should I do in this case? What documents do I need to submit as a replacement of reference letter? (as my colleagues/managers are not with the organization for affidavit )
i think they are not suppose to be with the organization for issuing the reference letter