+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter for work experience!

RohanBisht

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,

Can anyone help me out getting me the format of the reference letter for my work experience?

Do I need to get that signed from the HR on the company letterhead or signature of my manager or any colleague on a normal document would be sufficient?

I have worked in 2 companies in the past and my concern is if the matter is needed on a company letterhead from the HR then it will be difficult as why would my previous companies entertain me and take pain in getting these things done for me for free? please share experience :-[ on this

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
First of all, you need to have a positive attitude. I have obtained reference letters from all 4 of my previous employers based in different locations and one even based in another country. Think, talk and act positive.

For employment reference letter, your main responsibilities should match up with the responsibilities of your NOC code. May not be the exact words but the same responsibilities.
Your NOC code depends on your responsibilities and not your current designation.

Below is the format for Employment Reference Letter as an example:

Company Name
Address
PO Box or Post Code
City
State/Province
Country

Date: 30th September 2015

Subject: Employment Reference Letter

To whom it may concern,
This is to certify that Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name was an employee of Company Name and was employed from 11th January 2010 until 30th November 2011.
Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name was employed on a Full-time basis working 48 hours per week as a Sales Engineer(Designation) for IT Products. He received a total annual salary of USD/INR/AED/CAD XXX,XXX

Main Responsibilities:
1) Promote sales to existing clients
2) Identify and solicit potential clients
3) Assess clients' needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
4) Provide input into product design where goods must be tailored to suit clients' needs
5) Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of equipments or service.
6) Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service.
7) Prepare and administer sales contracts.
8) Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.

Sincerely yours,

Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name
Designation: Manager/Director
Tel. No.: Official Number
E-mail: (Official e-mail address)

Above should be on a company letterhead with the concerned HR or manager or director's signature and company stamp/seal on this letter.

I hope this helps.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reference letter for CIC has some specific format . attach below for reference.

<DATE>

To Whom It May Concern:

Subject: Re: <NAME> – NOC <CODE>

I write to confirm that <NAME> has been working with<COMPANY NAME> as <ROLE>since <JOINING DATE> and works 40 hours per week under NOC <CODE> .His current gross salary <SALARY> per annum. He has been reporting to me till date and he is performing following roles and responsibilities as part of his daily work.

The primary duties performed by him during this tenure are listed below.

Role: <CURRENT ROLE> (<DESCRIPTION>)

Responsibilities:
• <JOB DESCRIPTION>.
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
Please contact me should you require further information.

Sincerely

<MANAGER/HR NAME>,
<ROLE>
<Mobile>:
<Work>:
<Email>:
<website>

PS: if you are claiming points for LMIA , make sure you reference letter and offer letter states non-seasonal or permanent employee.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
sushsmart15 said:
First of all, you need to have a positive attitude. I have obtained reference letters from all 4 of my previous employers based in different locations and one even based in another country. Think, talk and act positive.

For employment reference letter, your main responsibilities should match up with the responsibilities of your NOC code. May not be the exact words but the same responsibilities.
Your NOC code depends on your responsibilities and not your current designation.

Below is the format for Employment Reference Letter as an example:

Company Name
Address
PO Box or Post Code
City
State/Province
Country

Date: 30th September 2015

Subject: Employment Reference Letter

To whom it may concern,
This is to certify that Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name was an employee of Company Name and was employed from 11th January 2010 until 30th November 2011.
Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name was employed on a Full-time basis working 48 hours per week as a Sales Engineer(Designation) for IT Products. He received a total annual salary of USD/INR/AED/CAD XXX,XXX

Main Responsibilities:
1) Promote sales to existing clients
2) Identify and solicit potential clients
3) Assess clients' needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
4) Provide input into product design where goods must be tailored to suit clients' needs
5) Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of equipments or service.
6) Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service.
7) Prepare and administer sales contracts.
8) Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.

Sincerely yours,

Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name
Designation: Manager/Director
Tel. No.: Official Number
E-mail: (Official e-mail address)

Above should be on a company letterhead with the concerned HR or manager or director's signature and company stamp/seal on this letter.

I hope this helps.

I have the complete letter INCLUDING the Weekly Working hours added but the only thing i do not have mentioned is " Full Time Employee". Considering that the weekly work hours are 40 , would it not be safe to assume that it will be considered as a Fulltime work experience & not a Part time.

Kindly advise if i need the amended letter mentioning "Full Time" added.

Thank You.

Regards.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
As long as the number of hours worked in a year are 1560 hours or more, it wud not much matter if the word "Full-time" is missing.

monsier2186

Sep 15, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TBD
sushsmart15 said:
As long as the number of hours worked in a year are 1560 hours or more, it wud not much matter if the word "Full-time" is missing.
Thank You !

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hi Guys,

I recently contacted one of my previous employers about the reference letter and gave them the format.

They came back to say that they will not use "To whom it may concern". That it must be addressed to someone. They offered to use the below;

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

1. Is this the correct address for an EE candidate?

2. I expect to use the same letter for PNP processing, so this can't work can it?

3. What other explanation can i give them?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Hi Guys,

I recently contacted one of my previous employers about the reference letter and gave them the format.

They came back to say that they will not use "To whom it may concern". That it must be addressed to someone. They offered to use the below;

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

1. Is this the correct address for an EE candidate?

2. I expect to use the same letter for PNP processing, so this can't work can it?

3. What other explanation can i give them?

Thanks
Just get it addressed to 'The case officer, Citizenship and Immigration Canada' if you can. If they insist on address, go with CPC Ottawa.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Just get it addressed to 'The case officer, Citizenship and Immigration Canada' if you can. If they insist on address, go with CPC Ottawa.
Thanks!