+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter for previous jobs from outside Canada

Megazero

Oct 31, 2019
Im abit blind sided about this request since I never expected it, so may I ask some questions? I think I will be able to get the reference letter for almost all my previous job except maybe 1 in which Im having trouble contacting my employer, so is it possible for me to get the reference letter from a co-worker instead? (who used to work there but don't work there anymore) And since its a small private company they don't really have letterhead, what can I do about that? And last but not least they said the proof of employment should include pay stub if applicable, and I don't think its even possible to get the payroll for that job, so is just a reference letter good enough?

Last edited:

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Just make simple letter head on MS-word with that company name, (which you are saying small company) make sure you should write contact no. /email corret and get that signed by writing reference letter on that so in case some body makes call to cross check they can directly get to your employer. If you can not provide pay stubs/pay roll try to write that line in reference letter about salary you were getting at that time. This is the only thing you can do.. Hope for best :)