Reference letter for closed company

m.rehanali

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I have a situation where i cant get reference letter because the company is closed. But i have experiecne letter which is not as per the requirement. In this case, what i have to show them as a proof?

Appreciate your quick response.

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
m.rehanali said:
Hi All

I have a situation where i cant get reference letter because the company is closed. But i have experiecne letter which is not as per the requirement. In this case, what i have to show them as a proof?

I'm bumping your thread in hope that experts will answer your question

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
m.rehanali said:
Hi All

Is there any way you can get in touch with your old manager who can write a certifying letter for you to back this up? That might help.

m.rehanali

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually i asked with company director and he is not having company letter head as the company is already closed.

But he is saying if you have any alternative solution, i can be able to help you.

So in this situation, what i have to ask with him to write for me to give proof to immigration?will it be acceptable to write in a blank paper or on letter head or on any affidavit from govt?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
m.rehanali said:
Actually i asked with company director and he is not having company letter head as the company is already closed.

But he is saying if you have any alternative solution, i can be able to help you.

So in this situation, what i have to ask with him to write for me to give proof to immigration?will it be acceptable to write in a blank paper or on letter head or on any affidavit from govt?
Hello rehanali,

Check out the below thread, this should help you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Aug 30, 2018
I would like to know if it’s mandatory to provide work experience of every company I’ve worked with. The reason I ask this is because it’s been around 10 years since I left the first company. The second one has closed down so I’m not sure if it’s possible to get a reference letter. I do have the offer & relieving letters from both companies though. Will that suffice? Could anyone suggest some options?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I would like to know if it’s mandatory to provide work experience of every company I’ve worked with. The reason I ask this is because it’s been around 10 years since I left the first company. The second one has closed down so I’m not sure if it’s possible to get a reference letter. I do have the offer & relieving letters from both companies though. Will that suffice? Could anyone suggest some options?
Assuming you are talking about foreign work exp...
You get maximum points for 3 years work exp in the last 10 yrs only... so you can show any 3 yrs work exp from a single or multiple companies backed up by letter of refernces.
For work exp which you cannot provide letters highlight them inpersonal history section of your application

Reactions: vandanasarahroy
Aug 30, 2018
Assuming you are talking about foreign work exp...
You get maximum points for 3 years work exp in the last 10 yrs only... so you can show any 3 yrs work exp from a single or multiple companies backed up by letter of refernces.
For work exp which you cannot provide letters highlight them inpersonal history section of your application
Thank you very much for the response/ Thanks' helpful.

Reactions: ppuu

msv02121990

Mar 16, 2019
Hi,
I was working in a company 3 years back and the company has recently closed down. My supervisor back then as well MD of the company is ready to give me a reference letter on the company's letterhead but the company has already closed down.
Will it be a problem to get the letter on letterhead even if the company has closed down. What is the alternate solution to this?