+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter for AIPP

anrey7595

Dec 10, 2019
Dear everyone,

I need help with the reference letter, please help me if you have experience.

I am supposed to prove that I have at least 1560 hours working in my industry. I did not notice that I need a specific form of reference letter, so what I have is the payslips. But I was told from my immigration agent that only payslips won't work in my case, because it cannot prove what position I was working at, what were the duties and how long had I worked, even it does not show the details of my ex employer.

I then tried my best to contact my ex employer, yet I cannot reach her, I have emailed to her and her son, I tried to ring her from overseas( the employer is not in Canada). I sent messages to a coworker who is still working there and knows me, not close though, via Facebook. I hope if she can help me out with my situation, at the meantime, I am thinking of plan B, so I am wondering if there is any way I can do in stead?

This job is only one of my three employments, I am able to prove the other 2 jobs but I am struggling with this one, and without this one, my work experience will not meet the requirement of 1560 hours.

Thanks for anyone who can answer me in advance.

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Dear everyone,

I need help with the reference letter, please help me if you have experience.

I am supposed to prove that I have at least 1560 hours working in my industry. I did not notice that I need a specific form of reference letter, so what I have is the payslips. But I was told from my immigration agent that only payslips won't work in my case, because it cannot prove what position I was working at, what were the duties and how long had I worked, even it does not show the details of my ex employer.

I then tried my best to contact my ex employer, yet I cannot reach her, I have emailed to her and her son, I tried to ring her from overseas( the employer is not in Canada). I sent messages to a coworker who is still working there and knows me, not close though, via Facebook. I hope if she can help me out with my situation, at the meantime, I am thinking of plan B, so I am wondering if there is any way I can do in stead?

This job is only one of my three employments, I am able to prove the other 2 jobs but I am struggling with this one, and without this one, my work experience will not meet the requirement of 1560 hours.

Thanks for anyone who can answer me in advance.
In your case, you couldnt get in contact with your employer. So the other option would be getting the reference letter from your co-worker who is still working there, signed by himself with his contact details. This will work. It will be better if he could get that reference letter printed on employers letter head. Additionally, if your employer responds saying that they cannot provide such letters, attach that info as a proof.

anrey7595

Dec 10, 2019
In your case, you couldnt get in contact with your employer. So the other option would be getting the reference letter from your co-worker who is still working there, signed by himself with his contact details. This will work. It will be better if he could get that reference letter printed on employers letter head. Additionally, if your employer responds saying that they cannot provide such letters, attach that info as a proof.
Thank you ArGo,

Because we argued before my employment terminated, I guess this is the reason why I am not able to reach her even I’ve tried different means. so the first option to me isn’t applicable.

I probably can get the letter head as well as my coworker who is currently still employed by this company. However, in this case, would it be illegal to use the letterhead without permission of the owners’?

I haven’t been able to talk to my owner, therefore, it is not possible to capture an evidence of her response.

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Thank you ArGo,

Because we argued before my employment terminated, I guess this is the reason why I am not able to reach her even I’ve tried different means. so the first option to me isn’t applicable.

I probably can get the letter head as well as my coworker who is currently still employed by this company. However, in this case, would it be illegal to use the letterhead without permission of the owners’?

I haven’t been able to talk to my owner, therefore, it is not possible to capture an evidence of her response.
I can understand, no need to worry, there is an alternative for somethings. Talk to your coworker and if he is authorized to get the letter printed on letter head then please go ahead else let him do it on a plain paper with his contact details for verification. Later you can explain your situation in a LoE (Letter of Explanation) for the officer to accept.