+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter For Additional Points Of Job Offer

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Hi All,

I am on closed work permit (LMIA Supported) and has completed 1 year. My CRS are below as compared to current trend under EE draw.

I am trying to get reference letter from employer which can state my job is not contractual, full time and will be valid at least after 1 year after I obtain my PR. Is there any specific format I can use Or anyone has used similar letter in past and got 50 points?

Secondly, Do I need reference letter from employer as well about my 1 year employment having roles and responsibilities defined with other details such as position, compensation etc? Though these are available on LMIA except roles and responsibilities.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
1. The job offer letter can be the same as you got when you got hired, but should say that it's a continual, permanent full time position.
2. yes.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
1. The job offer letter can be the same as you got when you got hired, but should say that it's a continual, permanent full time position.
2. yes.
  1. Actually not, the letter must explicitly state you will be employed for at least one year from the time you become a PR. A permanent position while on a work permit still has an expiration date, which is the date the work permit expires. This is a different thing.
  2. Yes

Reactions: Princess2020

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
  1. Actually not, the letter must explicitly state you will be employed for at least one year from the time you become a PR. A permanent position while on a work permit still has an expiration date, which is the date the work permit expires. This is a different thing.
  2. Yes
Wat if employer write Indeterminate period of time rather than one year after pr.