TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Hi,

Is there any issue if my reference letter is digitally signed by my boss?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TLOU said:
Hi,

Is there any issue if my reference letter is digitally signed by my boss?
The Application Guide does not say anything about this and I also could not find anything in this regard elsewhere. Personally, I would suggest you to avoid letters with digital signatures. If you can get your manager to courier you the letter printed on the letterhead and signed by him or if that would take time, may be for the time being he can sign it and send you a scanned colour copy of the letter so that you can get a colour printout for submission. Later you can have the physical copy couriered to you for your records. If the situation is unavoidable, then you can get the letter with digital signature and submit it along with a Letter of Explanation. You can also submit the manager's email copy, in case he has mentioned the reason as to why he cannot give you a physicaly copy of the letter signed by him.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
All of my reference letters has been sent through email, not the scanned version, but the letter itself is digital. They use the digital signature feature available on Mac OS X to sign documents. I guess they don't bother with manual paper work anymore these days.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My boss offered to do this for me, but because I did not want to take a risk I printed it out and got him to hand sign it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TLOU said:
All of my reference letters has been sent through email, not the scanned version, but the letter itself is digital. They use the digital signature feature available on Mac OS X to sign documents. I guess they don't bother with manual paper work anymore these days.
In that case, I do not see any other option, but for you to get the letter in the required format (with all the details) with digital signature and submit it with a LOE and all other supporting documents. At the end what matters is whenever there is a reference check, it should turn out to be genuine. It all depends on the Case Officer, if you are able to convince him, then nothing like it. This is my opinion, suggest you to get a second opinion.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Stanlee said:
In that case, I do not see any other option, but for you to get the letter in the required format (with all the details) with digital signature and submit it with a LOE and all other supporting documents. At the end what matters is whenever there is a reference check, it should turn out to be genuine. It all depends on the Case Officer, if you are able to convince him, then nothing like it. This is my opinion, suggest you to get a second opinion.
Thanks for your reply! Yes My reference letters are fully detailed according to OINP requirements. They are just digitally signed. Any one who has opinions or who went through this feel free to chip in. In the meanwhile, I am moving forward with my application. Hope this thread might shed some light to some others along the way.

Reactions: Kahl Lee

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TLOU said:
Thanks for your reply! Yes My reference letters are fully detailed according to OINP requirements. They are just digitally signed. Any one who has opinions or who went through this feel free to chip in. In the meanwhile, I am moving forward with my application. Hope this thread might shed some light to some others along the way.
Good luck :)

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
If by digitally signed you mean electronic versions of handwritten signatures (that is, scanned signature for mass reproduction), then you should be fine. Best wishes.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
MooseNBooze said:
If by digitally signed you mean electronic versions of handwritten signatures (that is, scanned signature for mass reproduction), then you should be fine. Best wishes.
Yes it is handwritten using the trackpad on Macs.

pvelmo

May 15, 2020
I am having a similar situation. Was your application accepted with the digital version?

Thanks!

Tanya.talwar90

Jul 14, 2019
Did they accept digital signature, I am amidst same confusion. If u can help