+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reentering Canada within few days on TRV

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Hello Expert

I have a valid TRV (recently issue) and landing Toronto in August (this is my first visit to Canada) so my friends plan to pay visit to USA (New York) with me and some other friends as well (all Canadian citizen except one is on PR)

So my question is there any issue if I go USA (by Road) for few days and return to Canada (because my return flight also from Toronto) ?

My concern is Will they allow me enter again into Canada after few days or not ?

Note : I have valid TRV (multiple entry till 2023 and USA B1/B2 visa valid till 2023)

Will appreciate your response in this regard

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, it shouldn't be an issue. You aren't breaking any laws by doing this.

Of course any time you try to enter Canada CBSA will question you, and there's always a small chance that they deny you entry if they find you inadmissible.

But there's nothing inherently wrong/suspicious about visiting the US and coming back to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just be prepared to answer US CBP on your travel plans to leave the US when you say you will given you are entering by road. Assume you know you will still need to complete an i94 entering the US by road and hand it in on the way back.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/i-94

Or Can apply and pay the 6USD in advance

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=google&utm_term=(not provided)&utm_content=undefined&utm_campaign=(not set)&gclid=undefined&dclid=undefined&GAID=false#/home

Last edited:

nmatter

May 12, 2019
One more question
With me two friends also coming, one is holding Canadian Passport and other or PR (Pakistani Passport)..

So question is what kind of document they required to enter into USA ?

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The Canadian doesn't need anything besides his passport. The Pakistani will need a US B1/B2 visa to enter. He cannot enter the US on a Canadian PR card.