+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Redo Fingerprints

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
Hi all,
I went to get my biometrics done last month at Service Canada office (no photograph was taken due to covid and they said they made a note for IRCC). The problem was the machine couldn't read my fingerprints, so the officer wrote another note about it. Maybe it was because the hand sanitizer I used a lot, and they wrote that. Today I received a letter from IRCC to repeat the biometrics and I have another 90 days to do it. They also mentioned I need to do the photograph.
1. Is there anyone with similar situation? I can feel my fingers are dry (and barely can see full fingerprints on each finger) most of the time and planning to put lotions everyday and stop washing dishes or using soap as much as I can before I book another biometrics appointment. Any suggestion of how to enhance/grow back my finger prints? ANd how long does it take? I don't want to rush to get another appointment to end up with the same result.
2. The letter says "Unfortunately, upon further verification, it has been determined that there is an issue with the quality of the fingerprints and/or photograph that you provided." and also asked me to get the photograph taken which is possible as I called SC and they said they still won't take any photograph due to covid protocols. What should I do?

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi all,
I went to get my biometrics done last month at Service Canada office (no photograph was taken due to covid and they said they made a note for IRCC). The problem was the machine couldn't read my fingerprints, so the officer wrote another note about it. Maybe it was because the hand sanitizer I used a lot, and they wrote that. Today I received a letter from IRCC to repeat the biometrics and I have another 90 days to do it. They also mentioned I need to do the photograph.
1. Is there anyone with similar situation? I can feel my fingers are dry (and barely can see full fingerprints on each finger) most of the time and planning to put lotions everyday and stop washing dishes or using soap as much as I can before I book another biometrics appointment. Any suggestion of how to enhance/grow back my finger prints? ANd how long does it take? I don't want to rush to get another appointment to end up with the same result.
2. The letter says "Unfortunately, upon further verification, it has been determined that there is an issue with the quality of the fingerprints and/or photograph that you provided." and also asked me to get the photograph taken which is possible as I called SC and they said they still won't take any photograph due to covid protocols. What should I do?

I have the same issue. I have a condition where i don't have the lines on my finger and its hard for my fingerprints to be read on any machine wherever I go! This issue was of grave concern to me and I informed the officer about it and took numerous finger prints. Now after 4 months they have asked me to redo my biometrics. I know the result will be the same and don't want to travel to another state to do this all over again . they have given me only 30 days time. Can you please inform me what was your solution to do this? how did you go about it?

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
I have the same issue. I have a condition where i don't have the lines on my finger and its hard for my fingerprints to be read on any machine wherever I go! This issue was of grave concern to me and I informed the officer about it and took numerous finger prints. Now after 4 months they have asked me to redo my biometrics. I know the result will be the same and don't want to travel to another state to do this all over again . they have given me only 30 days time. Can you please inform me what was your solution to do this? how did you go about it?
Hi, SOrry for a late reply.
I stopped using hand sanitizer, always used gloves to do anything with soap or any chemicals, I used vazeline for dry skin repair every few hours; all this for 4-5 weeks and went to get bio done and the machine could read my fingerprints!

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi, SOrry for a late reply.
I stopped using hand sanitizer, always used gloves to do anything with soap or any chemicals, I used vazeline for dry skin repair every few hours; all this for 4-5 weeks and went to get bio done and the machine could read my fingerprints!
Thank you but that hasn't worked for me this time around. i have tried tablets and ointments. I now have to undergo phototherapy so lets see.

praveen_sanka

Aug 1, 2019
Hello Everyone, I'm in the same boat as well, with low/no fingerprint ridges :(
My application to IdHS got declined twice because my fingerprints could not be read on their devices. Could you guys chime in on what you did

@iona_s22 @Janette1977