+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recourse for rejected Express Entry?

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
I have gone through the requirements for Canadian Experience Class in the documentation with a comb and I can't find any reason why my application would be denied.

However, it was rejected, 4 times with slightly different responses.

I think there is a bug in Express Entry that MAYBE does one of the following things:

1) Requires ECA for CEC applicants (the Express Entry FAQ specifically says this is not required here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp )
2) Incorrectly recognizes the older (2013) CELPIP scores submitted under the CELPIP-G test type (probably not?)
3) Doesn't read my work history correctly (or rejects NOC 2171 perhaps). I entered 10 years of work history in 2171 in both the US and Canada, all of the last 3 years were in Canada, I can't see why this would be an issue.
4) Requires ECA to validate NOC 2171 (I don't think this is supposed to happen, correct?)
5) Rejects work history that is LMIA exempt (this shouldn't happen, should it?)

Any thoughts?

Is there any way to find out why it was rejected? Is there a phone number, for example, that could help?

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
Given this post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-experience-clarification-needed-t262943.0.html

It is possible that the Express Entry system is giving ZERO credit for LMIA exempt work.

Can anyone else confirm this? Did anyone else get CEC credit for LMIA exempt work?

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danforth said:
Given this post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-experience-clarification-needed-t262943.0.html

It is possible that the Express Entry system is giving ZERO credit for LMIA exempt work.

Can anyone else confirm this? Did anyone else get CEC credit for LMIA exempt work?
I got points for canadian job experience in the work experience section. Let me go step by step on this:

The 'Work Experience' section has four parts. In 'Occupation' I put my NOC. In 'Canadian Certificate of Qualification' I put the details from my regulatory board. In 'Intended Work in Canada' I put 'No' since I don't have a LMIA job (I am LMIA-exempt too). In 'Work History' I could enter everything; it didn't ask for LMIA status (this is because CEC or FSW don't need PAST work experience to be LMIA. BUT any future work points which you want to get have to be LMIA based.)

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2014_AINP said:
I got points for canadian job experience in the work experience section. Let me go step by step on this:

The 'Work Experience' section has four parts. In 'Occupation' I put my NOC. In 'Canadian Certificate of Qualification' I put the details from my regulatory board. In 'Intended Work in Canada' I put 'No' since I don't have a LMIA job (I am LMIA-exempt too). In 'Work History' I could enter everything; it didn't ask for LMIA status (this is because CEC or FSW don't need PAST work experience to be LMIA. BUT any future work points which you want to get have to be LMIA based.)
did you have a full uninterrupted one year work experience? I think that might be my problem. They only count a full continued one year(or more) experience.

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashrafgk said:
did you have a full uninterrupted one year work experience? I think that might be my problem. They only count a full continued one year(or more) experience.
Express Entry is the first eligibility step for applying to CEC, FSW or FST programs. So you have to be eligible for any of these programs first (check the requirements of these separately). CEC needs one year Canadian skilled work experience, not necessarily continuous. FSW needs one year skilled continuous Canadian or International job experience.

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2014_AINP said:
Express Entry is the first eligibility step for applying to CEC, FSW or FST programs. So you have to be eligible for any of these programs first (check the requirements of these separately). CEC needs one year Canadian skilled work experience, not necessarily continuous. FSW needs one year skilled continuous Canadian or International job experience.
That's the confusing part for me, it says I met the requirements for CEC but it wouldn't give me points for my Canadian Experience.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I am experiencing the same issue. I suspect this issue arises when an applicant obtains his/her work experience in more than one occupations. I spend all of today playing with their system by trying tens of different combinations and this is the only conclusion I could reach. I gave CIC a call. They send me a form. I completed the form and told them about this issue.

please tell them about your problem too. I read all ministerial instructions, and I think we should get the points for Canadian Work Experience. Let me know if you could come up with a solution.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Here is the email I sent to CIC:

Dear Sir, Madam,

I completed my Express Entry profile a while ago. There is one issue/bug with the CRS that I'd like to report. The problem is for when the applicant obtained his/her work experience in more than one occupations.

I have 1 year of work experience under PGWP as follows:
My First Job: From January 1st, 2014 to September 30, 2014
NOC level A code 4012 (research assistant)
Full Time - 37 hours per week

My Second Job: From October 6th, 2014 to present
NOC level A code 2173 (software engineer)
Full Time - 40 hours per week

However, the score system gives me 0 for "Canadian Work Experience" under "Human Capital". According to ministerial instructions, I should get a score of 40 under this category. I also get 0 on "skill transferability" for Education and Canadian Work Experience.

In order to understand what is the problem, I did an experiment with the system as follows:
Whenever I put one job in my work experience the system gives me all the missed points. So I am speculating there is a bug in the system for when applicants have their work experience obtained in two different occupations.

For your information my profile number is E0002xxxx.

I really appreciate if you could assist me with this situation.

Best regards,
xxxxx

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Danforth said:
I have gone through the requirements for Canadian Experience Class in the documentation with a comb and I can't find any reason why my application would be denied.

I think there is a bug in Express Entry that MAYBE does one of the following things:

1) Requires ECA for CEC applicants (the Express Entry FAQ specifically says this is not required here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp )
2) Incorrectly recognizes the older (2013) CELPIP scores submitted under the CELPIP-G test type (probably not?)
3) Doesn't read my work history correctly (or rejects NOC 2171 perhaps). I entered 10 years of work history in 2171 in both the US and Canada, all of the last 3 years were in Canada, I can't see why this would be an issue.
4) Requires ECA to validate NOC 2171 (I don't think this is supposed to happen, correct?)

Any thoughts?

Is there any way to find out why it was rejected? Is there a phone number, for example, that could help?
If I remember correctly, some people were having issues because it appeared the CRS calculator only counted continuous work experience, possibly even in one NOC code.
Despite the fact that for CEC the work just needs to be within the last 3 years.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
hamoonExpressEntry said:

Dear Sir, Madam,

I completed my Express Entry profile a while ago. There is one issue/bug with the CRS that I'd like to report. The problem is for when the applicant obtained his/her work experience in more than one occupations.

However, the score system gives me 0 for "Canadian Work Experience" under "Human Capital". According to ministerial instructions, I should get a score of 40 under this category. I also get 0 on "skill transferability" for Education and Canadian Work Experience.

In order to understand what is the problem, I did an experiment with the system as follows:
Whenever I put one job in my work experience the system gives me all the missed points. So I am speculating there is a bug in the system for when applicants have their work experience obtained in two different occupations.

Best regards,
xxxxx
You do not have ONE FULL year of work experience. You were unemployed for a week and this is the reason your experience does not count.

JohnnyCanuck

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
hamoonExpressEntry said:

Dear Sir, Madam,

Best regards,
xxxxx
hey

for research assistant, were you studying full time?

"Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;"

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyCanuck said:
hey

for research assistant, were you studying full time?

"Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;"
Does section(a) just apply to Canadian work experience calculation?

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Danforth said:

Any thoughts?

Most likely the second point. I have tried way too many combinations and rest of them can not be an issue in the system.
With that said, there are definite issues with CEC and I have dropped them a note and waiting for a reply. will keep u posted.
I am as worried as you are.

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
It seems the system is not giving 40 points for 1 year of Canadian experience if it is obtained from two different jobs. But that shouldn't reject your application.
You are supposed to be eligible for CEC category since you have 1 year of Canadian experience but you will not 40 points in CRS since you didn't have 1 year of continuous experience.